Monday, June 20, 2016

Memories Live On with 6 Party Animal Toppers: The Destiny of Things, Story 391

Memories Live On with 6 Party Animal Toppers!  The Destiny of Things, Story 391

I just love it when old memories make new ones!

6 party animals for drink or cake toppers or light table toys, available here
Also available for circus animals: 2 monkeys, 2 elephants and 2 giraffes, available here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Sweet little note from an Etsy buyer:

Note from Buyer: Thank you for finding these. My siblings & I had a few of them when we were young. I will give them to my nephews to enjoy.=) 
 
Back in the day, especially through the 1960s, these were mostly used to decorate cocktail drinks at restaurants or at least that's where I remember them from.  I remember and loved mine, usually a mermaid perched on my Shirley Temple with the reddest cherry ever!  My brother always got a monkey or bull.
 
 4 to 8 Little Mermaid wine charms, drink or cake toppers, available here
 
Saying Goodbye:  I used these all the time as drink toppers, cupcake toppers, plant jewelry and in my mixed media art because they always bring back such good childhood memories of dinner nights with my family.
 
 A large mix of 24, including all types of animals and mermaids, available here

What I Learned:
 
1.   I started my own collection of these during my college days, but they were more difficult to find back then.  Restaurants didn't use them anymore and most cocktail bars, the tiki ones,  only used the paper umbrellas.  My vintage collection of these have various different colors that are harder to find, like a true pink. 
 
I don't have all the animals either.  I've seen a horse, mouse and even a unicorn, but I've given up on trying to attain them and will most likely just use what I have now.
 
2.  I love and use these for many reasons.  Let me count the ways,  I use them as drink and cupcake toppers, plant jewelry, and in my mixed media art.  I love them because they are eco friendly!  If my guests don't sneak off with them, I just wash and reuse them.
 
They work well for so many themed parties too!  Safari retirement or reunions, carnival, circus, Curious George, jungle, summer beach and pool parties, birthdays and weddings!

3.  All ages just love these, people my age and older remember them from the old days and children just love to see them on their drink cups and will play with them for hours, even after their tails, legs or arms break off!

Who doesn't love something that brings back old memories while making new ones?

6 party animals for drink or cake toppers or light table toys, available here
Also available for circus animals: 2 monkeys, 2 elephants and 2 giraffes, available here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for leaving a note to buyer! You brought back such sweet childhood memories for me and it's nice to know someone else is passing some memories and making some new ones with little relatives!  So fun!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 1960s True Vintage cocktail monkey charm picks Marked 1961 zoo carnival circus piks animal hanger figurines, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
We are in a heat wave and it's supposed to continue for the rest of the week!  How is the weather for you? I'm relisting daily and hopefully will new list items this week.
   
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 179 items, The Destiny of Things- 178 items, VintageToGoEasy - 176 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 177 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 The patent pending with the 1961 date is difficult to see here, but you might be able to see it using the Etsy ZOOM feature. 
1960s True Vintage cocktail monkey charm picks Marked 1961 zoo carnival circus piks animal hanger figurines, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
Related Stories:  Look at all the memories being made!
 
 
 
 
4.   An Etsy buyer had her mermaid drink charm from childhood for over 50 years, read her story here. 

5.  One Etsy buyer uses them as plant jewelry, so I tried it too!  See them on my plants!  Cocktail Drink Monkey Toppers as Plant Jewelry!  The Destiny of Things, Story 302  

 
"Onwards and UPwards!"  Happy Monday, see you on Wednesday!  Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment