Monday, August 3, 2015

Cocktail Drink Monkey Toppers as Plant Jewelry! The Destiny of Things, Story 302

Cocktail Drink Monkey Toppers as Plant Jewelry!  The Destiny of Things, Story 302

A barrel of monkey fun as plant jewelry!

8 monkey cocktail drink, cake toppers or plant jewelry, available here

An Etsy buyer sent me a very inspiring email story about how she uses these!

Note from Buyer  

Hello, I read the description so I thought I'd share why I'm buying these. I have a jade plant named Warren whom I ornament with cocktail monkeys. It's currently Warren's growing season and he now needs a few more monkeys to balance out. I was really glad to find that you were selling them in small batches, and I assure you they're going to a good home where they'll be on display as plant jewelry :-) 


8 monkey cocktail drink, cake toppers or plant jewelry, available here

Warren is a very lucky jade plant!  And how fun and practical!  What a great way to balance out a plant!  I've been trying to get my little jacaranda bonsai and avocado tree to grow straight and tall and these little monkeys certainly seem to help!

So I tried out the fun with some of my little kitchen plants.

8 monkey cocktail drink, cake toppers or plant jewelry, available here

These are so versatile since they can hang by their tails on plants or lips of cups, stand in a terrarium or cupcake or straddle a branch or favorite beverage cup!

8 monkey cocktail drink, cake toppers or plant jewelry, available here

Not only are they fun for all ages, but add color wherever they may roam!

Saying Goodbye:  So happy to hear these are going to a much loved plant and good home! 

What I Learned:

1.  I've been collecting cocktail figurines since I can remember, but most of the ones from my childhood didn't make it through time travel and most bars don't use these anymore, so I have picked them up through the years.  Of course, I ended up more with more than one of my junk drawers could hold and I've been sharing them ever since.

Now they are some of our best sellers, so most of the ones you see in the shop are new mixed in with a few vintage ones. 

2.  I think children would find decorating plants and making terrariums with monkeys and other cocktail animals quite fun and it would be great for their motor skills and they could even pretend play hide and seek with them!

2.  Applying plant jewelry is fun and can get quite addicting!

This plant was more challenging to balance, but so fun to watch when washing dishes as they teeter tatter around, especially with a breeze!
8 monkey cocktail drink, cake toppers or plant jewelry, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for reading the entire listing and sending me an email story in "note to buyer."  What inspiration and surprise fun!
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever! 
Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 Other cocktail animals ready for plant jewelry fun!
6 different party animals, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Etsy sales slow down during the summer for us, so this year my experiment is to see what happens if I just let many of the listings expire.  I wonder if the number of items in a shop benefit or deter the number of monthly sales.  I do know sales picked up in each shop after I had a little over 100 items listed.  Only time will tell.
I still relist or new list weekly and sometimes daily on some or all of the shops!  Feel free to visit often and see!


Click on the shop names to visit: HoarderRehab with 169 items, The Destiny of Things- 164 items, VintageToGoEasy - 172 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 172 items!  



Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!


Drink cake toppers or plant jewelry, like these are available in different amounts and colors at each shop.  Larger amounts from 30 to 100 are at Hoarder Rehab and most small packs are at JunkDrawerAndMore.
24 set variety pack, seen above is available here

Related Stories:

2.  An Etsy buyer had her mermaid for over 50 years and then found it broken:  Retro Plastic Mermaid Cocktail Drink Charms:  The Destiny of Things, Story #116
 Classic mermaids, ready to sun bathe as plant jewelry, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 
Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment