Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Syringe Pens for Nurse Gifts: The Destiny of Things, Story 308

Syringe Pens for Nurse Gifts:  The Destiny of Things, Story 308

Thinking the same thing!  Great to pass out at any medical related parties!

The last of the last syringe pens, available here

Here is the short note I received:

Funny. Perfect for the nurse in the family. 

I bought a bunch of these for those in my family in the medical field and they thought they were fun and funny too!  At the next family gathering I was asked to bring more for the teachers and children too!  It's a great introduction prop for teaching the little ones about "Good drugs and bad drugs."

Kids love the old fashioned clicker pens and they write in black ink, so it's perfect for anyone in the medical field to keep handy.  Watch out, people will lay claim to these, so it's best to have extras on hand, so everyone is happy.

The last of the last syringe pens, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I am actually happy to be saying good bye to these!  They were a lot more fun giving away to family than packaging orders!

I first bought a batch for family stocking stuffers and gift wrap toppers for Christmas and then again when it was requested for another family gathering.  They were so well loved and fun by my family and anyone else I knew in the medical field that I thought I'd share them with others on Etsy.

Some family members still request them, so I've saved a couple that I keep in my purse to use when I write checks or sign credit cards, etc. but after these last 8 get ordered, we will no longer stock them.

The last 8 syringe pens, available here

What I Learned:

1.  These sold well, but they took a lot of care to package and ship out, so we are no longer going to stock them.

2.  As a teacher, I loved using these in the classroom as a prop introduction with the book, "Good Drug, Bad Drug" with the same book my parents used to read to us too, until we could read it ourselves. 

3.  As a kid, I first saw one tied to the clip board at the doctor's office and they bring back fond childhood memories of my pediatrician, so I was so happy when I found these again. 

4.  Also, they also make easy and instant props for around the house during Halloween!  They tend to grow legs and walk off to other homes!

5.  I hope these bring back memories for you too and make new ones as well!

The last 8 syringe pens, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for sending me sending me a short note.  It reminds me of how these little pens can really make someone's day brighter! or makes a fun thank you for anyone in the medical field.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever it's always interesting being an Etsy seller with my hoard!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
The last 8 syringe pens, available here

Unfortunately, I am still quite techless and the new computer system I'm using is challenging for me, so my dehoarding goals are going much slower than usual!  But I am determined to reach my goal and list 200 items on each shop again!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 197 items, The Destiny of Things- 186 items, VintageToGoEasy - 196 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 191 items!  

Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
These desk bell ornaments were another item I used one back in the 90s as Christmas gift toppers and stocking stuffers because we have a lot of teachers and doctors in the family.  "An apple a day keeps the doctor away!"
Last apple ornament bell, available here
 
Related Stories:
 
1.  Used as props in an Art Gallery show:  Syringe Pens:  The Destiny of Things, Story 186  
 
2.  Syringe Pens Fun Doctor and Pharmacy Gifts:  The Destiny of Things, Story 284 :  These were as popular as gifts at a Dr's office and pharmacy that they were keeping them at home!
 
 
 
"Therapy only works when we have a genuine desire to know ourselves as we are, not as we would like to be." ---Dr. Hannibal Lecter

No comments:

Post a Comment