Monday, August 24, 2015

100 Rockabilly Carnival Gun Charms for Mixed Media Collage Art: The Destiny of Things, Story 307

100 Rockabilly Carnival Gun Charms for Mixed Media Collage Art:  The Destiny of Things, Story 307

An Etsy artist buyer left a story!

 Choose an amount: 100 or less carnival gun charms, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the email he sent:

I got these last week and I'm over the moon! I couldn't be more pleased. I am a multimedia artist and will use the gun charms in collage assemblages. I'll try to remember to share pix. :-)

I was over the moon when I got these too because there were over a 1000 of them and they looked so cool all together!

He ordered 100 and I am so curious as to how these will look in some collage assemblages.  I bet they will look amazing!

I have my fingers crossed because I hope he remembers to share a pix!  Maybe next time, he needs some we can make a trade or something.

I have thousands of these and would love some ideas on how to use them all.  I was thinking of sewing them on to the ends of a scarf to add fringe or around a bandanna for a kitschy look.  Or perhaps around a rockabilly style table cloth to keep it weighted for an outside picnic table.

So many ideas and so little time!

 Choose an amount: 100 or less carnival gun charms, available here
If I remember correctly, these come in 8-10 different colors.
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  As a repetition artist I had so many of these, I thought I'd never run out!  I had them stored in a large 12 x 12 inch box, but now they fit in a shoe box.  I have to remember to stash some away for myself now!

So many of these have been ordered, but without stories, so I am happy that someone sent one to me and they might send me an update too.   So fun!

 Choose an amount: 100 or less carnival gun charms, available here
If I remember correctly, these come in 8-10 different colors.
photo via Hoarder Rehab
What I Learned:

1.  I seem to have more ideas for crafting than I actually spend crafting. And I also seem to spend a lot of time searching and money buying kitschy stuff I love for crafting thinking I'll list some and then they'll pay for themselves and I can buy more stuff for crafting!  

I think I'm starting to see the vicious circle I am with all my crafting stuff and on top of it all, it just never seems enough.  And all the time I spend looking and buying leaves me very little time to create. 

How do you break the vicious circles you find yourself following?

2.  The upside is some of my art found some good homes via Etsy.  A fiber art brooch and a loteria card nicho sold.  And even better, I didn't  go out and spend the money on buying more art supplies.  That is progress.

The pink clover flower patch brooch sold, but the some of the others, like the shamrock clover are available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

3.  Several artists have ordered our gun charms, but this is the first for 100!  A close second is a different artist wanted to order 100 of our gold guns, but at the time, we only had 70 mini gold and silver guns for her mosaic art project.  I wish I could see how that one turned out also.

 These mini  gold guns have been used in steampunk art, iphone cover case bling  art, James Bond cupcake toppers, gender reveal table confetti and more, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab  for sending me an email story.  I appreciate the thought and kindness and hope you remember to send an photo update.  Thank you so much!

I am so looking forward to see how you use the colorful guns are used in mixed media collage art!  Maybe you'll open a shop on Etsy for all to see!
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever and for helping me make connections I would not normally make since I am shy!  

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

 My loteria card nicho also sold around the same time as my clover art brooch.  More of my loteria art nichos available here, here or here.
photo via VintageToGoEasy 

I am back to working on my dehoarding goals and am starting to list new items and relist at each shop!  My goal is to list 200 items on each shop again!  I am challenged with Etsy's new listing formats and also I'm getting used to a new computer system, so the listing is happening slowly, but surely! 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 197 items, The Destiny of Things- 187 items, VintageToGoEasy - 197 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 190 items!  


Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

 We have received so many requests for these James Bond guns and they are not so easy for us to find, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

Related Stories:



"It's not about "having" time, it's about making time."

No comments:

Post a Comment