Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Mini Gold Toy Prize Trinket Guns: The Destiny of Things, Story 270

Mini Gold Toy Prize Trinket Guns:  The Destiny of Things, Story 270

I don't know why, but these mini guns are now so popular and are one of our best sellers!

 photo via JunkDrawerandMore
mini gold guns, available here

I've loved these from childhood and my brother and I used to fight over them when we played army in the mud under our tree house.  We had plenty of army men, but not gold and silver guns!

Back then, I think they were metal, but today they are plastic. Some of the AK's and rifles felt like metal, but they are now sold out.

 photo via JunkDrawerandMore
mini gold guns, available here

Every once in awhile I'll still find an AK in my hoard, but since an Etsy buyer wanted 100 all gold and I had only 80 in all gold, I gave her my stash too!  I was tapped out!  Now we only have the ones below and we are sold out of silver too!

 photo via JunkDrawerandMore
mini gold guns, available here

 
This Etsy buyer wanted a "rush order" and she was all the way in New York!  Anyways, thanks to her I cleaned and organized a lot of my hoard for two days straight to find 80 and then later she wrote me saying she needed 20 more and she bought those too!

I asked her what she was using them for and she told me she was an artist and was going to use them in her next mosaic project.  She said she'd write me back when things calmed down, but things must still be busy for her and I forgot about her story until last Friday's posting.

How cool these will be in someone's mosaic art!  I wonder how it will come together...

Example of how my brother and I used to use them, but with army men!
 photo via JunkDrawerandMore
mini gold guns, available here 

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these again and have since found large vintage plastic ones too!  I hope the vintage ones are just as popular, but it seems most people only want them in gold.

 photo via JunkDrawerandMore
vintage plastic pistols and rodeo boot charms, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I just love kitsch plastic charms from my childhood and would love to use these as a dangly border for a scarf or quilt!  I certainly have enough of them!  I guess it goes along with my love of all things miniature!

2.  Yesterday someone asked me how the mini gold guns would look as cupcake toppers and honestly, I think they are too small, unless it was put on a round wafer of chocolate or something as a background so they wouldn't get lost in frosting!

However, the vintage pistols above are about twice the size of the mini gold guns at about 2 inches long, but do not come in gold.

Which ones do you think would make better cupcake toppers?  My vote is for the larger vintage ones.  Any wild guesses as to why the mini gold guns are so popular?

 photo via JunkDrawerandMore
Mini silver guns are currently out of stock

Thank you Etsy and Etsy buyers for your continued support by sending your stories. I would love to see the end product of mosaic art with these mini guns in them!  Every once in awhile, I google "gold guns in mosaic art," but haven't seen any yet!
 
Thank you readers from all over the world for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things !  Your visits are much appreciated!
 
My new dehoarding goal is to list something new weekly at each shop until I reach 200 at least three shops! 
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 192 items, The Destiny of Things- 191 items , VintageToGoEasy - 199 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 159 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment