Friday, August 14, 2015

Gorham Suncatcher Peace Dove Ornament: The Destiny of Things, Story 305

Gorham Suncatcher Peace Dove Ornament:  The Destiny of Things, Story 305

This went to a crystal peace dove collector and returned with a story!

We have a copperish twin peace dove nicho, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

This was another story exchanged for a discount.

Here is her story:

I love this for my collection of Gorham Peace Doves on a metal twig tree I will keep displayed all year to remind me of the peace that is needed in my life and the world! Thank you for such great communications. I wish you well in your journey!

 Chinese folk art paper cut water colored doves, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy 

Saying Goodbye:  What a great way to keep a visual reminder to remain peaceful all day!  I wonder how many she has on her metal twig tree.   

Since I'm allergic to dust, we can't have a large Christmas tree for the holidays and even though I'm having a difficult time parting with my ornaments, at least this one left peacefully without anxiety issues!

Creative Playthings domino peace dove, available here

What I Learned:

1.   I am such a collector of knick knacks!  Too bad they collect so much dust!

2.  I am having such a hard time letting go of my Christmas ornaments, yet I have more than enough to decorate a large tree.  I have just made the decision to keep the ones from my childhood and the ones that were handmade, which are probably more than enough to decorate a small tree.

3.  The upside of being allergic to dust is that we hire a cleaning service to clean the house weekly.  Every time I see a knick knack I want to buy, I need to remind myself that the cleaning service is more important for my health than dust bunnies!

Since I'm allergic to most metals in jewelry, I made this when I thought I still wanted to wear jewelry, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for exchanging your story for a discount!  I love that my our your Gorham peace dove is with other doves as a reminder to stay calm.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!
 
Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
 Copperish twin peace dove nicho, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

I'm returning to my dehoarding goals and am starting to new list and relist at each shop again!  My goal is to list 200 items on each shop again!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 184 items, The Destiny of Things- 176 items, VintageToGoEasy - 175 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 169 items!  

Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

 Chinese folk art paper cut water colored doves, available here
photo via HoarderRehab

Related Stories:  Other stories exchanged for discounts!

1.  My huge heavy Native American barrette from the Orange County Fair, here



"Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time." ---Lyndon B. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment