Monday, March 9, 2015

Mini Gold Guns as Cupcake Toppers: The Destiny of Things, Story 281

Mini Gold Guns as Cupcake Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 281

These mini gold guns are one of our best sellers and I still have no idea why!

 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
10 mini gold gun set, available here

The other day an Etsy buyer wanted these as a "rush" order, so I finally had enough courage to ask, so my curiosity would not kill the cat!

And she said they were going to be used as cupcake toppers for the men and the women were getting high heeled shoe charms as toppers.  She ordered several orders of these too!  That's a lot of cupcakes!

 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
10 mini gold gun set, available here

These are how my brother and I used to play with them at my Grandmother's house because we loved playing army men in the backyard using mud and water, but we were not allowed to play in the mud at her house.  Plus all she had to play with were these little mini porcelain figurines in sets, like the ones above and below and we had to be so careful with them that we would just set them up in scenes.  I don't think a single one was ever broken.

Which you can see I still enjoy doing and use these in my mixed media art.

 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
10 mini gold gun set, available here 

Saying Goodbye:  We have sold many hundreds of these gold guns!  And it's the gold ones that everyone wants, not the silver ones or the vintage plastic six shooters!

I have my own stash of these, but I have at one time sold my stash when a mosaic artist from New York requested 100 of these!  I will never do that again because the AK's and the rifles are very difficult for me to find now and I sold all of mine!  Some things should be left to hoard!

Did I just say that?

10 six shootin pistols and/or boots set, available here

What I Learned:

1.  Little toy gun prizes seem to be popular right now for different crowds on Etsy!  It's very interesting to study.  And I must say, it's quite surprising to see what becomes "best sellers!"

2.   I am so happy that Etsy buyers are starting to share their stories on how these gold guns are being used because I can get so curious and as a recovering hoarder, it's such a relief for me to know where my things are going.

I hope one day, I won't need to know and I can just let go freely without wonder.

These are the silver guns that aren't as popular, but still sell out and are SOLD OUT now.
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
10 mini gold gun set, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for letting me know how you are using these because the suspense was killing me!  I hope your party was a success with the mini gold guns as cupcake toppers for men and the high heeled shoe charms for women and of course, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to see them as your party decor!

Thank you Etsy for your continued support by finding new lives for my hoard. It's been the best outlet and therapy ever!
 
Thank you readers from all over the world for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things !  Your visits are much appreciated!
 
 Larger sized plastic guns in set of 25 
for charm bracelets, earrings and cupcake toppers, available here
 
I have reached my goal of listing 200 items at all four shops last week!  Yeah!!! Pat on the back, high fives and standing ovations with a round of applause!  Again please!  Thank you!
 
So my new dehoarding goal is to list something new daily or weekly at each shop until I reach 205 at all four shops!  I have reached my new goal, so far at one shop!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 202 items, The Destiny of Things- 201 items , VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 205 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 100 vintage plastic guns, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
Related Stories:
 
1.  My first story about these mini gold plastic guns:  Mini Gold Toy Prize Trinket Guns:  The Destiny of Things, Story 270   Looking forward to an update on this one! 

Hoarder Rehab Tip #8:  Rewards, Baby Steps and Containment

"Rewards" are my biggest motivation so I use rewards for almost everything!  I admit "containment" is my biggest daily battle as a recovering hoarder and I try and spend 15 minutes a day on containment and when I say containment, I mean keeping up with my hoard in it's delegated areas! like putting my hoard away, organizing my hoard, labeling my hoard, listing my hoard and on and on!

My hoard does seem to multiply on it's own like gremlins.  Yes, a lot of my hoard may be cute, but it can also grow to become destructive by taking over my life!  So I keep it contained by spending 15 minutes a day on an appointed area and I spend about 1-2 hours clearing spaces the day before the cleaning service comes over, so the house can be cleaned properly and more efficiently in their allotted amount of time.

My reward is a sticker in my calendar for every 15 minutes spent on any certain day!  There are 20 different stickers to choose from, so that's about one new one to last a month of week days!

I have my own page of stickers and pick one out for my calendar as my reward!
One sheet of 500 tiny reward stickers, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

"I know what I have to do now.  I have to keep breathing and tomorrow the sun will rise and who knows what the tide will bring in."---Tom Hanks as Chuck Noland in Cast Away

No comments:

Post a Comment