Monday, March 16, 2015

Syringe Pens Fun Doctor and Pharmacy Gifts: The Destiny of Things, Story 284

Syringe Pens Fun Doctor and Pharmacy Gifts:  The Destiny of Things, Story 284

Another one of my childhood favorites!  Syringe pens!

Syringe pens with black ink, available here

A month ago, two Etsy buyers sent me notes saying that these make great gifts and one of them said that they were well received by the doctor's and staff of a pharmacy!  How fun!

I think anyone in the medical field would love these and even teachers and librarians because it's such a fun learning prop to have around and pass out during show and tell.  Plus it leads to many different kinds of discussions of health and science, etc and prompts many questions from students.

I taught in an inner city where students often found syringes and needles on the school yard and I taught them to not touch them, report them to an adult so they could be disposed of properly by the school nurse, which lead to why they couldn't touch them, which lead to my childhood book that I often read to them in the classroom, "The Good Drug and The Bad Drug."

I still have this childhood book too and I look for it every once in awhile because it's still lost in my hoard somewhere! 

 photo via VintageEditionBooks

Then yesterday "out of the blue"one of them sent me another email!

These pens were so well received by the Dr's office and pharmacy that they are actually staking claim to them! One guy keeps his safe at home so some customer or fellow employee doesn't snag it from him "accidentally "! Lol thank u

That email made my day!  How fun and funny!  Someone is hoarding their syringe pen!

Syringe pens with black ink, available here

I had to write back!

Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to email and making my morning! So fun to hear the syringe pens were so well loved they have taken claims! That's too funny.

I remember mine from childhood. One was always in our pediatrician's plastic pocket protector and another was tied to the "sign in" clip board with string!

Thanks for the story! I can't wait to post it on my Hoarder Rehab blog, so fun!

Many thanks for all the smiles!
Kennedy at The Destiny of Things

Syringe pens with black ink, available here

I don't remember much about my pediatrician, except I remember the clicking sound the pen makes before he wrote stuff on his chart with and also the clicking the sound of the release button to put the pen away.  I was always in awe of it.

The office also had one tied with string to clip board "sign up" sheet and to other clip boards to fill out paper work in the waiting room.  That's a good way to make paperwork fun!

Syringe pens with or without DIY paper coffin with spider and web, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these and although these are another popular item on our shops we are discontinuing them because they don't ship well, even when boxed.  I don't know how they leak, not the ink but the inside coloring, during shipment, but they do and it's messy!

So get them while you can!  Red syringe pens are sold out!

What I Learned:

1.  Kids love these too!  They are great as a prop to motivate young writers.  They make great toys for pretend play for children who want to play doctor, nurse, dentist, EMTs, paramedics, pharmacists, veterinarians, or any other medical related pretend play.

2.  They make great graduation gift wrap toppers for anyone in the medical field, Christmas stocking stuffers, Easter basket fillers, Get Well gift packages, perfect for any medical themed wedding for the guests to use for the guest book, props for art shows, party favors for Mystery Murder Coroner, Dexter and Hannibal themed cakes and parties and on and on!

photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
City Coroner toe tag stickers here and syringe pens in blue, yellow or green here
Red syringe pens:  SOLD OUT

My new dehoarding goal is to list something new daily or weekly at each shop until I reach 205 at all four shops!  I have reached my new goal!  Smiles and pat on the back for me, round of applause with a standing ovation!  Repeat!  
 
And guess what?  No reward was needed to make that goal.  Hmm... I wonder what was different about that because I just realized now that no reward was needed.
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 206 items, The Destiny of Things- 205 items, VintageToGoEasy - 204 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 205 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Your guests will have so much fun filling out their toe tag drink marker with syringe pens
and it's such conversation starter and can be turned into a game for Dead Poet Society
themed party or guessing all of Dexter's victims or Eat the Rude drinks, etc
Toe Tag drink markers in 20 count here, 100 count here
 
Related Stories:
 
1.   As art show props from an Etsy shop seller:  Syringe Pens:  The Destiny of Things, Story 186 
 
 
 
Due to tech issues with my blog soon I hope to return to having more time to post Hoarder Rehab tips!
 
"Therapy only works when we have a genuine desire to know ourselves as we are, not as we would like to be." ---Dr. Hannibal Lector   

No comments:

Post a Comment