Monday, March 23, 2015

Victorian Collar Bar Pin Brooch Coming Home: The Destiny of Things, Story 288

Victorian Collar Bar Pin Brooch Coming Home:  The Destiny of Things, Story 288

This little antique collar bar pin brooch tells more than one story of it's own!

More antique and vintage jewelry, here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Incredibly detailed miniature house scene of a ship returning home with seagulls and a mountain in the distance. Scene also includes a tree lined bridge and opposite a house on a hill with grass. There's at least one story to be told in this antique Victorian collar bar pin brooch, will it be yours?

And someone did order it with their own story to tell!  They are keeping it a mystery until they post it on her blog or facebook next month.

The only clue I have is that they do re-enactments or Historic Voices or teach history through live performances.  She often plays Mrs. Lincoln,  Laura Ingalls Wilder, Elizabeth in Frankenstein and others.

More antique and vintage jewelry, here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I bought this back in my college days and actually used to wear it with a pair of Victorian sheer lace blouses I used to own. I used it as a collar bar brooch with one and a high collared lace bar pin with the other. I've always loved the detailed scene on it because it always seems to be telling a different story of someone either coming home or leaving home. 

More antique and vintage jewelry, here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  Even though this was once well loved by me, I think it's going to have a more useful and purposeful life now with someone who teaches history through live performances!  And I'm sure this person knows much about this piece, will wear it properly and share it as a detail in history.

What I Learned:

1.  I have a lot of jewelry that I can no longer wear due to allergies and yet it used to be so difficult for me to let go of each piece.  After many years, I am getting used to the fact, that I will most likely never be able to wear my jewelry again and am actually quite used to not wearing any.

As a matter of fact, it's become the opposite problem because wearing jewelry now, even if it's just for photos to list on Etsy, it feels weird now, almost heavy and bothersome.

2.  As a recovering hoarder, I am so happy that other people are enjoying my jewelry and are quietly finding new lives and homes without it causing me stress from having to let them go now.

Here is another piece I think would be great for a re-enactment.
Early 1900s Justin clutch purse with secret locking mechanism, available here
My Aunt told me this was from a relative who was a DAR
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for sending me an email!  I love the idea that my collar bar brooch is perhaps "out there" teaching history in live performances!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab outlet ever!  I can't thank you enough! I am so thankful that my items are bringing out some old memories while making new ones!
 
Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
Another piece I think would be great for a re-enactment or
"Something old" for a wedding, beautiful fan wristlet
Handmade velvet and silk with fresh water pearls and garnet bead flower, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

My new dehoarding goal is to maintain at least 205 items at each shop!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 205 items, The Destiny of Things- 205 items, VintageToGoEasy - 206 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 205 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 tiny guilloche Forget me not barrette, available here
 photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:  Other stories from things long past....






 Sterling puffy heart charm with cupid infinity brooch, available here
 photo via Hoarder Rehab

"DNA is the data, but the soul is the story and that's the essence of life."---Season 1, Episode 9

Fob clip watch accessory, available here
 photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thanks for stopping bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment