Monday, November 10, 2014

Alaskan Sweetheart Locket Souvenir: The Destiny of Things, Story 257

Alaskan Sweetheart Locket Souvenir:  The Destiny of Things, Story 257

I received a story this morning and this is going back to Alaska!

photo via VintageToGoeasy
more old time souvenir jewelry here

I have a lot of souvenir jewelry because my Grandparents loved to travel and many are from their favorite place to visit like, Alaska.  I have many souvenir pieces from Alaska, however this is the only one I'm willing to let go at this time.

As a child I loved lockets and received many from relatives as gifts, so I have a large collection of lockets too.  This locket book holds six photos.

photo via VintageToGoeasy
more old time souvenir jewelry here
more locket jewelry at The Destiny of Things, here

I was so surprised and happy to find this sweet email this morning:

This is perfect. I know it was meant to be that I was guided right to this locket... My son is getting married in Dec. We lost his older sister 8 years ago in a car accident. I was looking for a locket pin I could put her photo in, and give it to him to wear inside his jacket, close to his heart at the wedding. We are from Alaska :) It's perfect :) Thank you! 

What a wonderful nostalgic story and I hope you find it as touchingly heartfelt as I do!  I really like the part where it's going to be a gift to her son to wear it inside his jacket with his older sister's photo in it,so it can be close to his heart and perhaps this photo book may hold other family photos too.

What a beautiful idea to have photos of loved ones there in spirit close to the heart.

This email just warmed up my heart first thing this morning and I needed it too!  I've been recovering from several health issues that starting actin up for the last couple of months and today is the first day I feel some what back to normal and this email just put me over the top to start dehoarding again right away!

The mother of pearl double heart with arrow is perfect for sweethearts getting married symbolizing everlasting love and the totem as a reminder of family and the the cherry on top is that book locket is going back to Alaska!  How cool is that?

photo via VintageToGoeasy
more old time souvenir jewelry here
more locket jewelry at The Destiny of Things, here

Saying Goodbye: As a recovering hoarder, little emails of stories that let me know the new life of my loved item is such a comfort and relief to me and through the repetition and practice of letting go of each thing one by one has helped my pain, sadness, anxiety and other feelings that come with saying good bye easier and easier and whole lot less scary.

I have Etsy, Etsy  buyers, my friends and supporters to thank for my progress that strengthens me each day.

What I Learned:

1. I'll have to dig up my locket collection, so others can hold the spirit and photo of a loved one near them during a milestone celebrations.

2.  It feels good to be back on the the road to full recovery.  I still have a lot appointments to keep my health up and I need to cut down on my computer time, so unfortunately, I have to temporarily slow down on promoting on Etsy for awhile, but other than that, the dehoarding can continue....

Thank you Etsy buyer for sending your surprise story.  I appreciate your kindness in letting me know. It's heartfelt sweetness was just what I needed to get back into the swing of things!  I wish you and yours the best and Congratulations and Best Wishes to the bride and groom.

Thank you Etsy for helping me become stronger each day with my dehoarding progress as a recovering hoarder.

heart sterling book locket pendant, here 
more old time souvenir jewelry at VintageTogoEasy, here

Thank you US, China, Ukraine, France, Germany, UK, Poland, Spain, Honduras, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Latvia, Philippines and many others for supporting my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things with your visits!

My goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop until the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at Hoarder Rehab!  I'm going list new hoard daily, until each shop meets my goal and then keep at least 200 items listed on three shops!

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 202 items, The Destiny of Things- 194 items , VintageToGoEasy - 198 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 185 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 small prayer box locket that can hold a love poem, lock of hair and photo, here
 
It feels good to be back!  Thank you for your visits while I was recovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment