Wednesday, November 19, 2014

MetallicTinsel Pom Pom Puff Balls for Cats: The Destiny of Things, Story 260

Metallic Tinsel Pom Pom Puff Balls for Cats:  The Destiny of Things, Story 260

Do kittens have favorite play toys?

Metallic Tinsel Pom Pom Puff Balls, available here

An Etsy buyer sent me an email that definitely answers that question!  Here it is:

Greetings!

I thought I'd give you a bit of back story concerning my
recent order of the 55+ tinsel puffballs.

I had recently fostered some kittens, one of whom, by virtue
of getting sick and requiring extra care, ended up becoming
a permanent member of my family.

A sweeter, more personable cat can't exist, I don't think.
He sleeps on my face at night and purrs any time he's
handled.

He had a favorite toy, a certain single white tinsel puffball 
from an earring of my sister's, of which I had no duplicates.
So when my kitten lost the puffball, he seemed sad without
any of his favorite toys. I tried buying him regular puffballs
(the kind without the tinsel) but they just could not keep his
interest.

I managed to find more --thankfully!!-- on your Etsy site, and 
how gratifying it was to see my kitten's face light up as soon
as he laid eyes on the tinsel puffball!
I'd had no clue that cats could be so preferential to toys.

With this purchase, I've ensured what I hope are years of happiness
for my kitten. Thank you so much for making this possible.

I've added a picture of him, just so you can see his excitement too!

Best,
B
Metallic Tinsel Pom Pom Puff Balls, available here

Is that the cutest kitten story ever?  and how fun and interesting to find out that cats have favorite play toys! and how cool to meet someone who fosters orphaned kittens!  All I can say is the cat's got my tongue with this super cute story!  On to the photo she sent me!

photo via Etsy buyer, who fosters orphaned kittens
 and her adorable kitten with his favorite play toy, a metallic tinsel puff ball!

Can you imagine how fun this kitten would have with a garland of these puff balls?  And to think the original play toy came from her sister's earrings!  I've seen them glued to tooth picks for New Year's party appetizers and I used mine for the tops of a forest of trees for Advent Calendar gifts last year.

Metallic Tinsel Pom Pom Puff Balls, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I had my fill of these metallic tinsel pom poms around the same time last year when I made over 25 geometric trees for an Advent Calendar forest.  It was fun once I made my own patterns to fit the different gifts correctly and I even finished in time.

What I Learned:

1.  I never know what interesting and fun lessons I will learn from day to day!  Who knew that animals have favorite things too! I did hear the other day that octopi love to decorate the outside of their homes with colorful shells, rocks and what not and that it just wasn't camouflage, but pleasing and special to themselves.

2.  And here's another ideas for tinsel puff balls!  They are not just for earrings, garlands, appetizer toothpicks, table confetti for parties or Advent Calendar embellishment, but for kitten play toys too!  Perhaps their favorites!

How would you use them?    Well, for someone like me as a recovering hoarder that tends to "over do" things, I'd like to string many puffs like a garland and pull them out of a box, like little mice out of a mouse hole!

I added the tinsel puffs to all the tops
 to give it a fairy forest look for the girls and a Dr. Seuss look for the boys!
photo via last year's posting here

Thank you Etsy buyer for taking the time to send me such cute, fun and interesting email!  I love it all, especially the photo of your kitten with his favorite tinsel puff ball toy!  

Thank you Etsy for another amazing transaction all from the kindness of strangers!

Thank you US, Ukraine, France, UK, Germany, and others for taking the time to support my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things with your visits! 

Advent Calendar Starter Kits are available at JunkDrawerLoveEtsy here
and The Destiny of Things here

My goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop until December 1st!  I've already met that goal at Hoarder Rehab and VintageToGoEasy!  I'm going to list new hoard daily, until I've met my goal at each shop and then keep at least 200 items listed on three shops!  

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 205 items, The Destiny of Things- 199 items , VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 192 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!


 The forest started to grow and with it all the ideas and fun! Many of the days build on to the next one
with teachable moments and short little activities, like a wish list using the Just Say No memo pad turn from a pre write to a letter to Santa!

Related Stories:  



3.  Geometric Trees Advent Calendar Forest: Creative Outlets, Story #2, Part 3 

 Etsy blog directions to make the smaller trees for this Advent Calendar, here
Go straight to the templates here

This year I am making Christmas Surprise Balls!

1 comment:

  1. Please do tell us about your Christmas surprise balls. :)

    ReplyDelete