Friday, November 14, 2014

Twilight Zone Party and Nick of Time Swami Fortune Cards: The Destiny of Things, Story 258

Twilight Zone Party and Nick of Time Swami Fortune Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story 258

In the old days, at a diner I'd ask Swami a question and get an answer instantly for a penny!

photo via blog, Made By Paper 

In the cafe my brother and I would visit, out came an answer in a napkin and they looked just like these!  QUESTION:  "Should I go on vacation?"

photo via Hoarder Rehab
Choose from 5 or more to a complete set of fortune cards, here

Also ones like these were on a Twilight Zone episode called Nick of Time with William Shatner and several people have sent me emails about how they've used these for their Twilight Zone or Fortune Telling theme parties!  How fun!


I received an email from a party planner who threw the biggest Twilight Zone themed party I've ever seen!  It was a Halloween costume birthday party!  and my fortune cards were part of the decor!

Here's the email:

Here a link to the party, thank you again for the cards!!!  This is for Next Stop... The Twilight Zone, here

http://michellespartyplanit.com/2014/10/next-stop-twilight-zone-party/

How fun is that?  Did you see the fortune cards as a prop with the eyeball cake poppers and candied apples?  OH my!  What an all out party!  even the photos are in black and white!  How fun with matching costumes and featured episodes with props and treats from "Time Enough At Last" and the doll, Talking Tina from episode 126:  Living Dolls, and the cookbook from "To Serve Man"

My favorite of all?  The "Pig Doctor" from "The Eye of the Beholder" episode!  He takes the cake!

Check out here blog:  Michelle's Party Plan-It!  She's amazing and her blog is full of ideas for party fun! or hire her to plan your next party!

 I think I she had one of these at the party!
 replica of the Mystic Seer prop from the Twilight Zone episode, photo via Captain Toy.  Michael gives a thorough and enchanting review of it and there are many more photos to see.

Saying Goodbye:  Of course, I bought a hoard of these and had fun sorting them all into complete sets!  And have several complete sets stashed away for myself and I use the incomplete sets as a tag for gifts and I've hidden them in cocktail napkins for party drinks and extra Sunday dinner fun.

What are your ideas for them?

What I Learned:

1.  I'm still recovering from allergic reactions and trying to figure out what it is that's aggravating them.  My sciatica is better with yoga and I can now sit as long as long as it's the floor or bed.  Still no chairs allowed!  Keeping all my scheduled appointments to mend as quickly as possible.

2.  Holiday stress is here and will get stronger as Thanksgiving gets closer, but instead of retail shopping as therapy, this year I am going to try mending, which I love to do and find quite relaxing.  I'll take photos of my mending progress to post.

3.  I have allotted a small budget of funds to shop to collect a short list of the things I love.

I'll see how my two new alternative works out this season!  Only time will tell.

Thank you Michelle for your email and sharing your party story!  Visit here shop on Etsy, Michelle's Party Plan-It.  She has everything needed to make a party successful with fun!  I love her shop slogan, "Where everyday is a reason to party!" 

Thank you Etsy for helping me connect with such amazing kind people!  So far I've dehoarded over 989 items!  Phew!

Thank you US, Malaysia, Germany, Russia, France, China, UK, Ukraine, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland and many others for your visits since Monday and supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop until December 1st!  I've already met that goal at Hoarder Rehab and VintageToGoEasy!  I'm going to list new hoard daily, until I've met my goal at each shop and then keep at least 200 items listed on three shops!
 

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 202 items, The Destiny of Things- 194 items , VintageToGoEasy - 201 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 187 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

"Everyday is a reason to party!"---Michelle from Michelle's Party Plan-It

No comments:

Post a Comment