Monday, November 24, 2014

Glassine Transparent Wax Like Bag Envelopes: The Destiny of Things, Story 261

Glassine Transparent Wax Like Bag Envelopes:  The Destiny of Things, Story 261

Remember these?!!  I use mine all the time and have many different sizes!

 This 6x3 size has SOLD OUT.  I like the
7x3 glassine bags with side gussets better, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

The size shown in the photo is not easy to find and out of all the different glassine bags, these seem to be the most expensive too!  

I'm not prone to change when something I like and use often is practical and looks good, but I ordered a new batch of these thinking they were the these, but they weren't!  I ordered not only the wrong size, but the wrong kind!  These were an 7 x 3 and had the gusset folds on the sides!

I was in dismay, but had to use the new size anyway, because I only had about 70 left of the size I was using and an Etsy buyer had  ordered 30 and then another 30 were ordered on VintageToGoEasy!

Here is what the new size with gusset folds look like:

7x3 glassine bags with side expanding sides gusset folds, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

I use these for my "thank you" packaging that goes out with every order from any of the shops.  You can see the red Fortune Fish over to your left. 

It took me awhile, but I like these better now because the gusset sides expand by folding out and these bags can actually hold more, so sometimes I can put the order in it too!  I love these because of the old fashioned look and also because they are more eco friendly than plastic.

I do try and be as eco friendly as possible however I do ship almost all my packages wrapped in plastic due to one Etsy buyer leaving their package in the rain all weekend and complaining that although the item was slightly damp, it was not damaged.

Anyways, back to this story!

 This 6x3 size has SOLD OUT.  I like the
7x3 glassine bags with side gussets better now, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

Here is the note I received:

Super-fast shipping and secure packaging. Seller also included a really fun surprise grab-bag of goodies, including a lovely note and a brand-new penny for my thoughts!^) I'll be using these extremely affordable and durable bags to package individual gifts of pecans and dates for the holidays. Great seller and great shop! Thanks so much! 

Yummy!  I just love dates and pecans and they'll look great in these! and it's always so nice to get a note full of compliments!  Thank you!


These larger bags hold more too!
About 2 cups of popcorn or 4-5 ounces of small candies or beads!
7x3 glassine bags with side gussets, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

Saying Goodbye:  I saved the last 10 or so of the old smaller sized bag and am enjoying using the larger ones now, even though it did take getting some used to.

What I Learned:

1.  I need to be adaptable and more open to change.  I was more than slightly upset with myself for ordering the wrong glassine bags and now that I look back on it, it was just wasted negative energy because now they are just fine!

I can also see why I'm so attached to my hoarding ways!  It sounds funny now, but it wasn't a couple years ago!  Least today, I can see how inspiring and motivating it is to be able to roll with the punches and change my ways!

I remember reading some where that life is soft and yielding and death is stiff and rigid.  I better understand those words now....



Samples of my "thank you" package that goes out with almost every order.  
Sometimes,I don't have time to make one for "rush"orders, etc.
Sample pack can be ordered here without purchase

Notice the penny in this photo is not new!  Brand new shiny pennies are hard to come by too, even harder to find than the "right" sized glassine bags!  My bank doesn't have them and I ask each time!  They probably know me now as the "penny" lady!

I've always loved pennies and I do collect special ones!  They come in handy for good luck, wishing fountains, penny for someone's thoughts, penny loafers and taking penny adventures!  Take a walk and at every corner, flip a penny!   Heads go right and tails go left and see where you end up!

How do you use your pennies?  I've even used mine in my mixed media art.  I had a display box with 8 dollars of pennies glued to the front and back!  The front showed all the heads and the back showed all the tails.  It had a place to take a penny for good luck, to share your thoughts and a little fountain to make a wish.

Oh and it was right next to the penny gumball machine which held peanut M&Ms. Unfortunately, it was so heavy it fell off the wall countless times and finally I think it fell into a trash can! I do have a photo of it some where lost in the hoard!

This one is a little different, but with a newer penny
Each shop has one, but the items vary slightly, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for taking the time to send me a note with your story and so many wonderful compliments.  So nice of you to take the time and look how much I gleaned from your story to help with mine!

Thank you Etsy for another grand win win happy transaction that goes deeper than scratching the surface!

Thank you US, Malaysia, China, Ukraine, Belgium, Canada, Germany, Spain, UK, Hong Kong and many others for your for taking the time to support my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  Your visits are greatly appreciated.

 photo via Hoarder Rehab, available here

"Do not break, bend." ---Aesop's Fable:  The Oak and the Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment