Thursday, November 27, 2014

Native American Sand Cast Sterling Bracelet: The Destiny of Things, Story 262

Native American Sand Cast Sterling Bracelet:  The Destiny of Things, Story 262

Native American sand cast sterling silver bracelets are one of my favorite kinds!

I have had several of these to wear stacked, available here
The one shown in the photo was 16 grams and the one listed is 31 grams
I also have another sand cast one with coral, here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I have or had many in my collections over the years and loved to wear them stacked.  I really liked the sounds they made when I wore them together.  Pleasant clinking, a little like soft bells.  

I counted my Native American collection once and stopped counting at around 50 and I keep finding more because I know I have a couple of fetish necklaces and a milagro cross necklace some where still lost in my hoard and I go looking for them every once in awhile!

I have had several of these to wear stacked, available here
The one shown in the photo was 16 grams and the one listed is 31 grams
I also have another sand cast one with coral, here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Anyways, on with this story!  Here is the note I received:

Hi! New to Etsy...this is my first purchase. Just received silver sand cast bracelet. Wow was that fast!! I have been looking for this specific silver bracelet for some time now. I have seen it on E-bay twice but never won. Well, now I have it and it fits perfect! Thanks so much

I am so happy for this Etsy buyer.  I so know what it is like to try and buy something on ebay and not get it over and over!  And for me, as a recovering hoarder, it feels like a crisis of panic and sadness!  Such overwhelming loss!  Well, it's happened so many times now, it's getting easier!

So speaking of ebay, I bought this bracelet back in the 80s, back when I was on a hoard rolling buying spree!  I was going through a dreadful stressful situation that went on for three years and during those three years, I made sure I had something from the mail waiting for me when I got home from work!

Everyday I opened a little package, even on Sundays! because I made sure at least two arrived on Saturday or one of the other week days!  I know crazy, but it was a coping mechanism that worked for me, albeit expensive!  

I'll be brave and add up how many items I accumulated through that dreadful time!  365 days multiplied by 3 is 1, 095!  OH MY!  and that doesn't even include when I went thrifting!

Okay, time to change the subject!  I've had all I can endure at the moment!

I have had several of these to wear stacked, one available here
I also have another sand cast one with coral, here
Most of my Native American jewelry is listed here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  It used to be difficult to let go of my jewelry, even though I can't wear sterling or gold anymore since I've been allergic to it over 5 years.  I can touch it for a short time, but not wear it past 15 minutes before I start having a reaction.  

Some days are better than others, but I haven't worn jewelry in so long now that it doesn't feel right to wear any kind, so I don't, but I still like to make it and think I'll wear beaded jewelry!  We'll see, if I can't used to wearing jewelry again.

What I Learned:

1.  Hoarding or retail therapy is an expensive coping mechanism to destress, but I must say, it does work for me and I suppose in some ways, it's a lot healthier than social drinking or recreational drugs.  However, now that I'm on this journey to dehoard and figure out why I hoard and find other ways to cope with stress, I find it's not that easy.

2.  My next favorite coping mechanism is food and not healthy foods either, but foods I call, "happy food!"  and since childhood it's been fried foods, especially potato chips, french fries and fried chicken.  Luckily potato chips can be found organic and so are baked french fries, but I haven't found a fried chicken yet, so we bake ours rolled in organic potato starch, like Japanese chicken karaage or tempura, but I still miss the quickness, convenience and deliciousness of fast food!  In that order too!

3.  So glad Thanksgiving is tomorrow!  Lots of yummy foods, relaxing, napping, some playing, then more snacking and then repeat!

What is your favorite Thanksgiving yummy?  Mine is easy to guess, the crispiest turkey skin I can find!

My favorite sand cast pieces are the ones where I can see the sand on the inside!
I think this piece is very old, available here
 photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer for sending me your story!  I had totally forgot about my ebay buying days from that dreadful time!  Also thank you for all the insight that I got from your story!

Thank you Etsy for making it possible to enjoy dehoarding by meeting such kind Etsy buyers who take the time to help a recovering hoarder!

Thank you US, China, Taiwan, Germany, Spain, UK, Jordan, NZ, Philippines, Poland and many others for coming to visit and taking part in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!
  
My goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop until December 1st!  I've already met that goal at Hoarder Rehab, The Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEasy!  I'm going to list new hoard daily, until I've met my goal at each shop and then keep at least 200 items listed on three shops!   

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 204 items, The Destiny of Things- 201 items , VintageToGoEasy - 204 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 195 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

The turquoise bracelets were both sand cast and are long gone.
The open diamond sand cast bracelet is from my mom and a keeper.
The coral sand cast bracelet, available here
The carinated bracelet that looks like a rising sun, available here
The rows of corn Tahe bracelet is long gone too!
 photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:

1.  Story about the rows of corn Tahe bracelet:  Cloud 9 to Corn from Heaven:  a small Native American bracelet I never received and forgot because I had bought so much and came later with a bigger surprise!

2.  Updated with photo from Etsy buyer:  New Home for Turquoise:  The Destiny of Things, Story XXXI 



5.  This was my last Native American bracelet story that has 10 more related stories!  What a collection of stories I have!  Native American Sterling Watchband by Marie Dale: The Destiny of Things, Story 232


"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."   See the quote in one of my collages, here 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment