Thursday, April 11, 2013

Native American Butterfly Money Clip: The Destiny of Things, Story LXIX

Native American Butterfly Money Clip:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXIX

A new life being used as intended with it's new home in Texas!


Heirmont was very kind and happy to send his story and said, "It shall crack a happy smile once it arrives and bites into a thick big stack of BUCK$ sandwiched for me to remember you next time I return to shop in your nice store next..."

Too funny!  That made my day!  Thank you!

He's an etsy buyer turned seller and just opened his shop, Heirmont, check it out here




I bought this because it reminds me of the money clip my Grandmother used when I was a child.  It has the same type of butterflies in coral and turquoise on it, however I never used it to the extent she used hers and it ended up in my curio cabinet with my perfume collection and other things from my maternal and paternal grandparents. 


Now I'm allergic to metals, so it became part of my unused Native American hoard!  Not anymore, thanks to Heirmont!  Much of my Native American jewelry has sold, but there are several more pieces left here.




Saying Good-bye:  This piece tugged a little at my heart strings, since it reminds me of my Grandmother.  I had to remind myself that I can no longer use it due to allergies and that I've kept other things from my Grandmother that she used and then my mother used and now I have, like her key chain clip for her purse and her favorite scarf brooch.  You can see them here, scroll down about 1/3 of the page.


Also, it's becoming more of a habit to ask myself, what will I think or feel about this in six months?  There's hardly anything I remember selling from my hoard half a year ago!  I can think of just a couple of items!


What I Learned:


1.  As a recovering hoarder, practice does make letting go a whole lot easier and using two main questions as a tool to cope have helped me tremendously!  The other question being, "Does this bring me closer or further away from my goals?"  I started using these questions again in January 2013 after an long about epiphany I wrote about here


Everything in any of my three shops, VintageToGoEtsy, Hoarder Rehab, The Destiny of Things, need to be let go to bring me closer to my goals of a minimalist organic home with a music art room, instead of unused hoard storage!  I have to remind myself this as I list and package items from each shop daily!


2.  As a matter of fact, I must be a lot more focused on my goals now because a couple months ago, I could recite many items in all three shops that I didn't want to let go of despite my allergies or practical reasoning, but now there's only one.  And it's wishy washy at best!


Thank you Heirmont for your fun and  funny story and giving this Native American butterfly money clip a new life with you that will give you a big smile!  I love your shop, such eye candy photos!  especially the vintage games, in particular the Game of Scrabble in French!


Thank you Etsy for another funny and fun connection that has improved my life!


Thank you US, Russia, Germany, Indonesia, Poland, Qatar and Ukraine for stopping by!

Post Notes:  It's helpful to me to count my hoard collection!  So let me see about my Native American collection. Just from the shops it's approximately 40 counting pendants, rings and bracelets!  I have more that I can think of that's lost in my hoard.  I haven't counted my Taxco jewerly collection yet, those pieces are scattered about at each shop!


Other Stories about Native American items from my hoard!


1.  Five Cross Bracelet:  one of my favorite bangle's new life in Australia!


2.  Native American Souvenir Barrette:  one of my favorite barrettes from the 90s


3.  Twin of Something Blue for you:  Native American turquoise sand cast bracelet


4.  Cloud 9 to Corn from Heaven:  a small Native American bracelet I never received and forgot I bought due to hoard buying is replaced with a huge one!


5.  Native American stacked rings and bracelets:  more of my Native American collection!


6.  Native American Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment