Monday, April 22, 2013

Kuchi Gypsy Belly Dance Bollywood Jewelry: The Destiny of Things, Story LXX

Kuchi Gypsy Belly Dance Bollywood Jewelry:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXX

I really didn't know how to title this jewelry, but it came with a story!


These went to an Etysian who thanked me for this stunning find at a great price for her collection of  vintage Gypsy Indian bell jewelry.  She said she loved them, fixed them, wears them both often!

What more could I ask for... it's so delightful to get such happy information from my hoarder history!


There were many times when I would go to the thrift store after work to look for something I specifically needed and rarely found it, but in this case I did!  What luck!

I've never paid much attention to Halloween, but back in the day, as a new teacher I didn't think I could ignore it, so I dug up a sari outfit one of my friends bought for herself when she went there for her Christian mission.  She had always wanted one and it was handmade especially for her, but when she was hospitalized for a week and almost died there, she didn't want it anymore.

When she returned to the states, she gave it to me and said she had never even tried it on.  It came with the undergarments and yards and yards of flowing soft silk navy, fuchsia pattern, punctuated with bright green paisleys.  Quite beautiful.  It's somewhere in my hoard!

Anyways, I wanted some jewelry to go with it and found these on the way home just waiting for me!  I couldn't believe it and snatched them right up.

The sari and these jewelry pieces were perfect for a Halloween costume to wear over my teacher clothes and it provided a great teaching moment on Indian culture.  I used to know how to put the sari on properly and taught my students and they learned also.  Plus this jewelry is so heavy duty, it can be passed around the classroom without worry.

However, over the years, they lost their closures.


Saying Good-bye:  This pair took a very long time to sell, most likely due to my listing title and tags... These pieces just had too many words and ways to title and tag properly.  I experimented with various words and surprisingly it got a lot more views when I tagged it with Bollywood and sari.

Anyways, letting go is still much easier for me now even while undergoing some stressful experiences!  I'm not wishy washy about items leaving and despite some roller coaster stress I've been experiencing including the stomach flu, a fender bender with neck soreness and headaches, insurance wars, some email harassment and news like the Boston bombing, Ricin in DC and the Texas Inferno I haven't turned to clinging on to my hoard or stress buying to release stress, so something must be working!

What I Learned:

1.  Although I have experienced some panic attacks lately, which I probably had during the winter holidays too, but didn't identify them through my cluttered thinking back then.  I think I'm coping better considering what I'm stressed over.  I took a lot of quiet time to process the stress and sit with my feelings, instead of avoiding them or ignoring them by keeping busy.

I also took some time to relax, get well and catch up with reading in the sun, caught up with some movies and shows and allowed myself plenty of time to day dream and be thankful.

2.  All in all, I think I've held up well this time and am thankful for many things, like not having a melt down buying spree to relieve stacked up stress.  I also seem to be moving from a pure dehoarding mode to a more creative mode and thinking more about projects I'd like to try in the future.  I find myself saying more and more, "I can do that!" or "that looks really fun to try!"

Thank you collector of vintage gypsy Indian bell jewelry for adding two of my pieces to your jewelry collection!  I am so happy it worked out so well for both of us!  Thank you for letting me know how much you love them and wear them!

Thank you Etsy for so many positive and delightful transactions with so many interesting, thankful and kind people!

Thanks to so many of you who stopped by during my week or so of recuperation!  Thank you US, Russia, Bangladesh, Australia, China, Germany, UK, France, India, Mexico, Poland and Singapore for visiting Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things via VintageToGoetsy!  Click on the links to see my hoard!


Related Stories, my collections left to start others!

1.  My Louis Vuitton Collection:  the end of my collection is the beginning for another

2.  My Verononware Collection:  went to someone's who turned their collections into the Museum of California Design!

3.  My Ever Expanding List of Collections:  the first inkling that I was a hoarder!

4.  My Native American Bracelet Collection:  I loved wearing all my bracelets stacked, now someone else is doing it.

5.  For the Love of Square:  I used to not only collect various vintage dish sets, but especially square ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment