Monday, August 18, 2014

Native American Sterling Watchband by Marie Dale: The Destiny of Things, Story 232

Native American Sterling Watchband by Marie Dale:  The Destiny of Things, Story 232

Someone fell in love with this piece just as I did many moons ago!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
a more dainty Zuni watchband with Caravelle watch, here

They asked what size watch would fit in the gap and after I gave them the measurement it was immediately ordered!

I was going to put the Caravelle watch on this band and use the Zuni watchband with one of the many watches from my Grandmother.

So as a recovering hoarder, I had to ask if this was a special gift for someone or herself and she wrote back with this:

For me. Have been looking for a while and this one just struck my fancy. I love American Indian jewelry and have a large collection. I need to stay away from Santa Fe!

 photo via Hoarder Rehab
Caravelle watch and band available here

and I wrote back:

Lucky you! I loved my large collection too. Loved to wear them all stacked and waited over 3 years to become unallergic to sterling, but it didn't happen. So I am so happy to hear this is joining you and your collection! Thank you!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
a more dainty Zuni watchband with Caravelle watch, here

Her last email read:

I'm allergic to everything, excepting camels I think but thank god not allergic to metals! Thank you. I will take good care of your piece.

Another person allergic to almost everything!  Funny how she mentions she allergic to everything but camels!  It reminds me, I have a camel doll from Africa that my Aunt and Uncle gave me when they returned from going around the world for two years and it's supposed to be made from real camel hair!  I wonder where it is?  I'm pretty sure I still have it some where in my hoard!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
a more dainty Zuni watchband with Caravelle watch, here

Saying Goodbye:  I've loved Native American jewelry since I was a child and had been collecting it ever since, until about 5 years ago I became allergic to almost everything, including all metals!  After a year recovery, I because less allergic to most things, but not sterling.  I've waited a long time to be able to wear them again.

Funny things is I haven't used or worn a watch in over 15 or 20 years.  I gave my watch up one year for Lent and found I didn't need it anymore, so I'm not sure why I've kept them all these years, except as a recovering hoarder, I do often think I'm going to need these things again one of these days.

However, if I ask myself, "What am I going to do with all my Native American jewelry, if I keep it?"  I have no answer.  The year after I gave up my watch for Lent, the next year I gave up jewelry and wore very little jewelry once Lent was over.

I did keep these non metal woven bracelets and wore one once about a month ago.  I just didn't like the feel of wearing anything extra and took them off within five minutes.

photo via VintageToGoEasy
handwoven bracelets available here

And every once in awhile, someone asks me to take a photo with these earrings on because they'd like to see how they hang. I used to have three piercings in each ear and loved to wear 3 different sets of earrings, but now not one piercing has stayed open!

Here are the earrings and if you look at the last photo, they had to be photo shopped on to my ear! lol

photo via The Destiny of Things
80s - 90s sterling amethyst earrings available here

So I think I'll be saying goodbye to all my jewelry, except for maybe a few brooches that I like to wear on jackets.  That should be interesting to see if I can really let go of all my jewelry because I have been collecting jewelry since I was a child, as gifts, souvenirs, milestone occasions, etc.

And I have jewelry in silver and gold, since I could never decide which one I liked better!

What I Learned:

1.  Now that I'll be letting go of all my jewelry, I think it might take me a year to list it all!

2.  At least I know it won't be that painful or stressful to let my jewelry go because I am so used to not wearing jewelry that wearing jewelry just doesn't feel right anymore.  So while other things might still cause anxiety to let go, at least I know I can dehoard all my jewelry peacefully and with ease.
 
What's your favorite piece of jewelry?  It's odd I know, but I still love my favorite pieces of jewelry and still when I see some beautiful jewelry I do feel like getting it and I wonder what outfit it would best accent, but at least I don't buy it!

Thank you Etsy buyer for making this such a happy transaction and for loving it as much as I do!  Thank you for helping me come to the realization that I'm just not a jewelry wearing person anymore!

Thank you Etsy for making my Hoarder Rehab so easy and conscious now.

Thank you US, Netherlands, France, Ukraine, China, Germany, Canada, UK, HK, Hungary, Poland, Philippines and many others for coming to visit and taking part in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 183 items ,  The Destiny of Things-192 items , VintageToGoEasy - 166 items and now JunkDrawerLove - 162items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

I loved wearing my Native American bracelets stacked!
photo via Hoarder Rehab, Native American jewelry available here
with more to come, so check back often!

Related Stories:




4.  An Etsyian, Bianca bought my Native American jewelry as a strength bracelet, here

5,  Five Cross Bracelet:  one of my favorite bangle's new life in Australia!

6.  Native American Souvenir Barrette:  one of my favorite barrettes from the 90s

7.  Twin of Something Blue for you:  Native American turquoise sand cast bracelet

8.  Cloud 9 to Corn from Heaven:  a small Native American bracelet I never received and forgot because I had bought so much and came later with a bigger surprise!

9.  Native American stacked rings and bracelets:  more of my Native American collection!

10.  Native American Money Clip:  bought by another Etsyian shop owner!

11.  Little Native American Twin Cross Set for daughters

"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."

No comments:

Post a Comment