Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Lost Tooth in One Green Treasure Chest: The Destiny of Things, Story 234

 Lost Tooth in One Green Treasure Chest:  The Destiny of Things, Story 234

"Urgent"message from an Etsy buyer to include at least one green treasure chest!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy,
available here

Here is the email:

Hello! You may be able to save me from the worst mummy award if you're able to send at least one green one in the pack!! My son just lost his first tooth - put it in a green treasure chest, and I've mislaid it!!! I have an old tooth to replace, if I can just get a chest!! He's beyond excited about the tooth fairy. I'm happy to pay for extra shipping if you can expedite it! Thank you so much ;) 

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy,
available here

It's so nice to feel like a little secret side kick hero, like saving the day for two people by helping someone avoid the worst mummy award and keeping the excitement of the tooth fairy alive and well!  

How devastating for a little one to lose their first tooth in more ways than one, yet a happy ending for a mother to make everything all right again.

I remember how exciting it was when my first tooth fell out and the tooth fairy would be on her way!  Memories of not being able to sleep waiting for the tooth fairy to hurry up and then waking up in disbelief that she didn't wake me up!


photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy,
available here

Saying Goodbye:  When my Dad was in charge of the carnival prizes for the annual picnic, he would always order these and I would always make sure I played the game to get one.  Later as a teacher, I passed these out yearly to all my students and for any emergency fall outs.  Now I pass them out at Halloween.

I'm happy others love them as much as I do.

What I Learned:

1.  Much of my hoard are from nostalgic childhood memories that I carried over to my teaching days to share with my students.  I never thought that many of my childhood toy prizes would be so popular nowadays.

2.  This summer all our Etsy shops are getting many "rushed"orders and they can become quite stressful for me.  Many times people in a rush are already stressed out and we can not guarantee shipping unless it's USPS next day shipping which is $30.00

There are many factors in "rushed" orders that are beyond my control, like waiting for a credit card order payment confirmation which takes one business day, so if someone orders on Friday, it will not clear until Monday.  Not to mention, once it's in the hands of USPS there's not much I can do to "rush" it anymore, even with tracking.

We only ship on Mon, Wed and Fridays because we are a one car family now that my truck needs work on it and it's got too much hoard in it to leave at a shop for a week, so I have to make room in the house to empty the truck!

On and on so much and so forth!  I'll continue to honor "rush" orders and just do my best without getting stressed out myself!

I could never decide which tooth savers I liked best, so I gave my students a choice!
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for making my day for leaving yours story and letting me come to the rescue!  It was fun!

Thank you Etsy for helping me find new lives and homes for many of my hoarded items.  So far 834 items and counting!  Yipee!

Thank you US, Moldova, Turkey, France, China, Ukraine, Netherlands, Germany, Canada, UK, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Latvia, Taiwan and other countries for taking part in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!


Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 183 items ,  The Destiny of Things-194 items , VintageToGoEasy - 169 items and now JunkDrawerLove - 167 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking! 

Related Stories: 

2.  As buried treasure with update photo, here 

3.  My first story about the tooth keeper treasure chests, here

4.    Pros and Cons of Organic Toothbrush Twig called, Miswak

5.   Update on Miswak    

"Light is the task where many share the toil." ---Homer  Thanks to all those who are helping me dehoard and share my toil.

No comments:

Post a Comment