Friday, August 15, 2014

Mini Turtle Erasers: The Destiny of Things, Story 231

Mini Turtle Erasers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 231

The cutest Tina the Turtle story!  Can you find Tina in the bunch?

photo via The Destiny of Things
 mini erasers available here

First I received this email:

Hi There!
I'm looking for the tiny turtle you have pictured here? I would love this listing with only turtles....how many do you have available? Thx for your time!! :)

and I emailed back: 

Hi!

Thank you for the email and inquiry. I think I'm running low on these erasers, but I'll check as soon as I return from my morning appointments. I do know I have many of these in frogs and ladybugs. The frogs are listed here at my other shop here

www.etsy.com/listing/163491038/10-kawaii-cute-small-leap-frog-erasers

Get back to you by this afternoon! Have a good Friday!

Kindest regards,
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoeasy
www.etsy.com/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 220+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com

photo via The Destiny of Things
Turtles are SOLD OUT, other mini erasers available here

By the time I got home there was this email:

Hi Kennedy! 

Thx for getting back to me! :) even if u only have three turtles, I'll take em! My daughter is obsessed with this eraser she got in an Easter egg at the park- she calls it Tina and she is always losing it and finding it days later bc it's so small! Haha! I'd love to have a few more! ;)
Thx u!!!

photo via The Destiny of Things
Turtles are SOLD OUT, other mini erasers available here

End of story?  Not quite!  Then I received this at checkout:

Note from Buyer TINAS TINAS TINAS!! Oh boy! She is going to go crazy!!! :) I think I'll give them all to her for her bday (coming up) in a little purse!! I bet she will scream!!! HAHA! She has her current Tina resting in a little tiny wagon in a fairy garden right now! :) Let me know when you post this story on your blog- I'd love to read it!!! :) Thanks again!

photo via The Destiny of Things
Turtles are SOLD OUT, other mini erasers available here

How exciting and fun is that little moment going to be when she opens her purse and finds a nest or bale of turtles in it!  I wish I could see and hear her reaction!  How cute, I'd love to see the original Tina sitting in her wagon enjoying her fairy garden view!

photo via The Destiny of Things
Turtles are SOLD OUT, other mini erasers available here

Saying Goodbye:  That was such a fun story to get and I did have a twinge of anxiety of all the turtles leaving, but it going to bring so much happiness to a little girl that my hoarder sadness left quickly.

Plus now every time some of my hoard leaves, I ask myself, what am I going to do with this if I keep it?  And so far, I haven't come up with any answers with the last few things that I've let go.

What I Learned:

1.  Asking myself the simple question of "What am I going to do with this if I keep it? is an easy tool for me to use as part of my Hoarder Rehab and I have no idea why I never thought about asking myself it before! but I'm sure glad I'm using it now.

2.  Recently I've gotten four stories from Etsy buyers whose little ones have lost something dear and have found replacements at one of my shops!  How cool is that?  As a matter of fact, I just got one today for these and it came with the cutest story too! So stay tuned...

What childhood treasures were your prized possession?  I had several.  I had a monthly fond treasures!  A mini felt cat named Pinkie that I took everywhere.  The cocktail drink mermaids, paper drink umbrellas and a plastic fan toy prize from the Botan Rice candy box!  My favorite hopscotch chain bracelet and good luck Zuni Sungod pendant.

 I could not find a photo on google of mine.  I need to find it now!
Mine was like this one, but oval shaped.

Thank you Etsy buyer for making this such a fun and happy transaction!  I love those turtles too, but know they are better as Tinas with your daughter!  Thank you for your story that helps me with mine.  Now I can just ask myself a simple question, "if I keep this what will I do with it?"

Thank you Etsy for helping me find many ways to solve the mysteries of my hoarding ways!

Thank you US, China, Slovakia, Canada, Russia, Ukraine and many others for or coming to visit and taking part in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

 Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 182 items ,  The Destiny of Things-193 items , VintageToGoEasy - 170 items and now JunkDrawerLove - 164 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

My latest alternatives to hoarding:
 Clover leaf patch badge available here
Upper left patch badge here

2.  Tiny Erasers Vintage 80s Taiwan:  The Destiny of Things, Story #138  

Most Read Story of the DayDestiny As Infinity: HoarderRehab Epiphany #6, mish mash of thoughts leading to a somewhere destination! 

Most Read Story of the Week, Month and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection the end of mine for the beginning of someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things! 

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker.

2 comments:

  1. That was a really cute story and I too would like to see what her original Tina turtle looks like in the wagon enjoying the fairy garden. The whole scene sounds bliss.

    Extra bonus....another Sold Out item. So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting with such kindness and encouragement! Yes, slow but sure progress is going to add up in the end! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete