Monday, August 4, 2014

One Yellow Treasure Chest: The Destiny of Things, Story 227

One Yellow Treasure Chest:  The Destiny of Things, Story 227

As a child, remember the panic of losing your one favorite thing of the moment?

photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here

Either one of my Grandmothers or my mom would often come to my rescue and make things all better again and in this case, it was a Grandmother too!

Here's the email:

My 6 year old Grandaughter is going to lose her tooth any day now, and she had a little yellow treasure and left it on a table at a Fourth of July barbecue, and I guess it got picked up when someone was cleaning off the table. Well needless to say there was a lot of tears. So she will be so excited to get them. Thank you again!!

I can remember the flood of tears well as a child and my Grandmothers and I looking high and low for whatever it was I had lost and loved at the moment.

photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here

And later I received this follow up email:

I just wanted to let you know I received the tooth treasure boxes today,my Granddaughter is thrilled!!  And all the lil treats you put in,that was so nice of you!!
 
I'll keep that penny for luck. Thank you so much again, please try and keep in touch, and let me know how you are doing. It's always nice to make new friends.Take care and be well!!

It's so nice when someone emails to share all the happiness going around!  And it's especially nice to make new friends too!

photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here

Saying Goodbye:   One never knows when a little one is going to lose a tooth and these come in handy for safe keeping until night time and it finds it's way under a pillow.  I have my own vintage stash of these for such emergencies.

What I Learned:

1.  One never know where new friends will be found and it seems I'm making quite a circle of friends from Etsy!

2.  I have my own stash of these for art projects, but really have no idea what to do with them.  So maybe I can keep a few for emergencies and finally let go of them all.  Perhaps a charm bracelet with these and other plastic charms, including the tooth charm locket, although I don't wear jewelry anymore.  Only time will tell.

3.  I am so thankful that these little tooth treasure chests are bringing happiness to so many children and that my "thank you" package is making little ones happy too and even adults with it's "good luck" penny!

 sample of my "thank you" package that goes out with every order
photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here

It's always nice when someone comes to the rescue for support and help.  I hope everyone has a person in their life they can call for help.  

When you were little, who was your "go to" comfort person?  I had so many as a child, grandmothers, aunts and my mom.

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for emailing me, sharing your story and keeping in touch.  So nice to be inspired with kind encouraging words and make new friends!

Thank you Etsy for your continued support with my Hoarder Rehab journey and for the surprise of making several new friends!

Thank you US, Turkey, Moldova, France, China, UK, Germany AU, Poland, Romania, Ukraine, Greece, Philippines, Brazil, Canada and many others for taking the time to visit my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 184 items ,  The Destiny of Things-192 items , VintageToGoEasy - 174 items and now JunkDrawerLove - 170 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Related Stories:

1.  As buried treasure with update photo, here
 
2.  My first story about the tooth keeper treasure chests, here

 
 
"The more quiet you become, the more you can hear."  Ram Dass

4 comments:

  1. Awwwe, what sweet story. It brought back many memories times past and missed loved ones.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, great quote at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear someone likes the quotes too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, two comments on one post! Glad it brought back memories for you as well!

    ReplyDelete