Monday, November 17, 2014

UPDATE on The Little Mermaid Party with Ursula-tinis: The Destiny of Things, Story 259

UPDATE on The Little Mermaid Party with Ursula-tinis:  The Destiny of Things, Story 259

Photo Update with 30 blue and green little mermaid drink markers were the hit of the party!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
6 blue and green mermaid, available here

Well, maybe not, but at least I know they added a favorable detail for an Etsy buyer's "Under the Sea" party where all the "Poor Unfortunate Souls" got Ursula-tinis and kids got Mermaid Potion Punch! This Etsy buyer was so happy, she sent me a "Thank you" email with photos!

 photo via Hoarder Rehab
Little mermaids in amount of 30, 50 or 100 here

Here's the email I received:

Hi Kennedy!

Just wanted you to know the party was a huge success. Thank you SO much for the mermaids. They were the perfect accessory for all the drinks. I attached two pics in case you wanted to see...sadly in the second pic of the kids drinks the "mermaid potion", the mermaids weren't on the cups yet...but, I got them on there right before the kids got there. They all thought they were so neat. And the adults LOVED the Ursula-tini's and sunset mermaid mimosas. ;) Thanks again...and good luck with all your collecting and selling.

Big Hugs,
J

I just love getting emails like these and even better when photos come with them!  It's like double frosting with a cherry on top!  I'm so happy I'd love three hands to try the Ursula-tini, Sunset Mermaid Mimosa and Mermaid Potion!

Here's a photo of the Mermaid Potion table:

photo via Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab

How under the sea mermaid cool is the table display and I love the turquoise color of the mermaid potion!  I especially love the sign in sign.

The Mermaid Potions sign says, "Anyone who wishes to become a mermaid may drink the secret potion and sign below.  WARNING:  if you drink the potion you will grow a mermaid tail whenever you enter a pool.  Your tail can only be seen by other mermaids!

Here's the photo for "All the Poor Unfortunate Souls:"

photo via Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab

Love this party decor!  This is where I'd be hanging out!  with Ursula!  The Little Mermaids do add a perfect detail to Ursula's purpleness!

One sign says, "Swing up to the Mermaid bar and have an Ursula-tini, you poor unfortunate souls... and the other signs says, "or save your soul with a sunset mermaid mimosa"

I guess I'd have to try them both to see which way I'd be heading!

 photo via Hoarder Rehab
Little mermaids in amount of 30, 50 or 100 here

Saying Goodbye: I have all my favorite mermaids picked out and I especially love the red and pink ones, which are very hard to find.  I've bought hundreds of these and only have 4 red ones and a handful of pink ones!  Go figure!

So I'm happy that others like these too, so I can buy a lot and let them go.  Catch and release program.

What I Learned:

1.  There are a lot of kind Etsy buyers out there helping me with my story by sharing their own and it's double the fun to get an email update and triple fun when the update comes with photos!

2.  I am so thankful because I never thought that so many of my nostalgic items would become popular enough to continue finding.  It's one way to get hoarding cocktail bar ware markers out of my system! and indeed I have!

The example to the left is how I used them in my mixed media art.  Back in the 80s-90s, I made little cardboard nichos with doors to house a decorated loteria card, inside was a mermaid or la sirena waiting to be hung off the door when opened.  I have the templates and photos somewhere!  
photo via Hoarder Rehab  
Little mermaids in amount of 30, 50 or 100 here
 
Thank you Etsy buyer for your  "thank you" email update with photos!  I must say that the mermaids look so much better all dressed at your party!  Thank you for sharing your story with me to help me with mine.  I can see now how I use my shops to hoard until I get hoarding an item out of my system!

Thank you Etsy for helping me figure out my hoarding ways and for being an outlet for my overflow!

Thank you US, China, Singapore, Germany, Ireland, Turkey, Ukraine, Poland, Barbados, Canada, UK, Bulgaria and many others for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop until December 1st!  I've already met that goal at Hoarder Rehab!  I'm going to list new hoard daily, until I've met my goal at each shop and then keep at least 200 items listed on three shops!
 

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 204 items, The Destiny of Things- 197 items , VintageToGoEasy - 198 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 191 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

 other popular drink charms, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Related Stories:

1.  Read Part 1 of this story,Little Mermaid Themed Party:  The Destiny of Things, Story #248, here

2.  An Etsy buyer had her mermaid drink charm for over 50 years, read her story here.


 Monkeys always love a good party! Available here
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."   See the quote in one of my collages, here

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun to read and see this update! I remember reading the original blog post. She went all out and was so creative with her planning and decorations. I have never been very social. The thought of planning a party and entertaining is overwhelming and makes me feel stuck so I just never do it. But I sure don't mind participating at someone else's party and this is one party that would have been very fun to attend! She did a terrific job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so fun and I love the update photos she sent! Thank you both for supporting my Hoarder Rehab!

    ReplyDelete