Wednesday, March 11, 2015

30 Pirate Tooth Saver Treasure Chests: The Destiny of Things, Story 282

30 Pirate Tooth Saver Treasure Chests:  The Destiny of Things, Story 282

My students just loved these and I gave them out every year during Oral Hygiene Week!

24 or 30 Pirate Fairy Treasure Chests available here
in smaller sets of 6 or 12 available here 
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Plus I handed them out like candy through out the year because students teeth were always falling out and even those not in my class with brothers and sisters knew they could come visit and get one of these to keep their tooth safe without getting lost until they got home.

And even if students didn't have a tooth to keep inside one of these tooth chests, they loved to put other treasures in them, like their lunch tickets!  It did help end lost lunch ticket battles and fights over whose lunch ticket is whose!  It beats having them keep them in their sock, if they don't have pockets!

I could never decide which tooth lockets to hand out to students, the treasure chests or the tooth necklace lockets because I love both so much, so I would end up giving them both!  Which works out well because they can wear them both and if they lose one, they still have one!

Anyways, I got a little story in the "note from buyer" section of one of my Etsy shops!

Tooth Fairy locket necklaces available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Note from Buyer:
Thank You! These are for my daughters 6th Birthday next week so share with her classmates. : )

An Etsy buyer as happy as I am that some children are going to make some good memories with these by a birthday girl passing them out to fellow students for her birthday!

So I wrote back:

Hi!

Thank you for your order! They will ship out tomorrow. I am so happy to hear these are going to some students for your daughter's birthday! My students just loved these!

Happy Birthday and best wishes to you and your daughter!

Best regards,
Kennedy at Hoarder Rehab

24 or 30 Pirate Fairy Treasure Chests available here
in smaller sets of 6 or 12 available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Then she wrote back:

I think they're adorable. She just lost her 6th tooth last night. I was secretly praying it wouldn't fall out until after her 6th Birthday. I was shocked when her first tooth came out just before her 5th Birthday. TOO young.

Thanks for getting them out so quickly!

I am so happy someone else thinks these are adorable too!  I wonder when it's normal for baby teeth to fall out, I think mine started falling out in kindergarten, but I know a whole lot fell out during third grade as a classroom teacher!

24 or 30 Pirate Fairy Treasure Chests available here
in smaller sets of 6 or 12 available here 
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  Well, I used to have a junk drawer full of these from the 80s and 90s and they sold well on all my Etsy shops, so now they are regulars.  How they got lost in my hoard over all those years I'll never know.  I do miss the bubblegum pink ones and kept a couple of hand fulls of these for myself.

What I Learned:

1.  Some of my hoard has turned into some of our most popular items and we keep them around for others to enjoy!  I think my new motto for Hoarder Rehab is "have fun making new memories from the old ones" or "where old memories make new ones."

2.  Both the tooth chests and tooth locket necklaces fit inside gumball capsules, so we use them often as little stocking stuffers, Easter basket trinkets and pinata fillers.  They also make fun jewelry craft projects for children with pony beads and is a fun way to enhance motor skills and pattern building. 

Even young children can join in with easier to handle and bigger pony beads and instead of string, pipe cleaners can be used to make rings, bracelets and necklaces with easy twist closure!  They love that they can do it themselves!  

I have tons of new old stock vintage pipe cleaners from my teaching days, request it and I'll list them pronto!

3.  I do quality control with each tooth locket by adding a heart pony bead inside each one and it's so fun to shake them in front of children and watch their eyes grow big as I tell them that there's an old raggedy magic pirate tooth in one!

DIY treasure chest jewelry kit, available here
Heart, skull and glow in the dark pony beads available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for letting me know that your daughter will be passing these out to her fellow students in a classroom for her birthday!  It brought back such fond memories for me!  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall she passes each one out!

Thank you Etsy for your continued support by finding new lives for my hoard. It's so fun to keep some of my favorite childhood trinkets around!  Thanks for making my Hoarder Rehab the best outlet and therapy ever!
Thank you readers from all over the world for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things !  Your visits are much appreciated!

 Custom requests in any holiday colors welcome!
DIY treasure chest jewelry kit, available here or DIY tooth locket box jewelry kit, available here
Heart, skull and glow in the dark pony beads available here
I have reached my goal of listing 200 items at all four shops last week!  Yeah!!! Drum roll with pat on the back, high fives and standing ovations with a round of applause!  Again please!  Bow and thank you!
So my new dehoarding goal is to list something new daily or weekly at each shop until I reach 205 at all four shops!  I have reached my new goal, so far at one shop!


Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 204 items, The Destiny of Things- 203 items, VintageToGoEasy - 203 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 206 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
Related Stories:

3.  As buried treasure with update photo, here
4.  My first story about the tooth keeper treasure chests, here  
"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you!" 
Next posting I hope to include Hoarder Rehab tip #9 because today I've spent my time trying to get the last 5 or so sentence fonts back to "normal" size! 

No comments:

Post a Comment