Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Fortune Teller Fish Wedding Party Favor: The Destiny of Things, Story 286

Fortune Teller Fish Wedding Party Favor:  The Destiny of Things, Story 286

These fortune fish are so fun and versatile for all kinds of different party celebrations!

Choose an amount: 10 to 150 fortune fish, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the email I received:

Love these, I remember these from when I was a kid I would always get these at Halloween. I am using these as part of our wedding favors, it goes with our theme my fiancé loves fishing. Thank you so much.

I just love it when these fortune fish bring back old memories and make new ones too!  How fun it would be  to get these for Halloween!  What a great idea for next year!  

Hmmm.... wonder what her wedding theme is..... I do know these will be making new fun memories somewhere at someone's wedding where the groom loves to fish!

Congratulations and Best Wishes to you both!

Choose an amount: 10 to 150 fortune fish, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is what I wrote back:

Thank you for your order and taking the time to email your story! (I will use it on my Hoarder Rehab blog and leave you anonymous.) My family loves to fish too! Many Etsy buyers have told me they make great wedding favors and use them while guests are waiting to be served.

Below is a photo from an Etsy buyer's carnival themed wedding and you can see these will come in handy to keep guests young and old occupied while they are waiting for their main meal to be served.

So fun!  Love the place mat!

photo via kind Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy

My Grandmother just loved to fish too and took us fishing whenever we were allowed!  She had a little motor boat and we'd go trout fishing at nearby lakes.  She was a serious fisherman and would rig our lines to be able to catch three fish at once!

If you went camping with her she'd wake up before the crack of dawn and put our poles out for us and wake us up when there was the slightest nibble!  Remember those fishing stake holders that would beep when you had a fish.  I wonder if my Dad still has ours.  Talk about a hoard of fishing supplies!

Choose an amount: 10 to 150 fortune fish, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I just love these and keep them on hand in my backpack for any time when I see someone needing a dancing fish!  I even keep some with a dollar in the bag with the fish for when I see people in need asking me for change.

Mostly I give these out as part of my Etsy "thank you" packaging because who can resist a fortune telling fish!  I wonder how many memories these brought back and how many are making new ones now.

What I Learned:

1.  Many of my hoarded items have had or have a silver lining!  So there is plenty to be thankful about!

2.  I know a lot of friends and relatives who never tire over these fun fish and they can be used for so many different kinds of celebrations and themes, like under the sea, Bohemian beach, nautical, carnival, circus, zoo, fishing, alternative Halloween treats or tricks instead of treats, little mermaid, pirate and magic!

Have some teachable moments with these magical moving fish and some little ones!  How do they move?  Is it science or magic?  

Or build vocabulary, don't know what "fickle" means?  Don't like the what the movements indicate?  Little ones can build their own vocabulary blocks by making up their own fortunes using similes and antonyms.  They can write them on a large sticker and slap it over the original ones!

3.  So fun to slip into thank you notes and other special cards.

4.  Try them out!  One never knows what old memories they bring and how many new ones they'll make!

Choose an amount: 10 to 150 fortune fish, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for sending me an email with your back story!  I love it and a special thank you for your story because it brought back such sweet childhood memories with my Grandmother and her motor boat!  There are so many photos of all of us fishing I think I'll go find them in my hoard!

Speaking of hoard, thank you for the insight because there is a large possibility that hoarding runs in my family because my Dad has a hoard of fishing supplies!  And I can hear my Mom's voice echoing in the background, "how many tackle boxes do we need to keep!"

On a happier note, congratulations and best wishes to you both!  I am so thankful that in a tiny way these will be bringing back old memories to some and making new memories for many on your special day!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab outlet ever!  I can't thank you enough! Because this time around the old memories are making new ones! and I'm conscious about it!
 
Thank you all readers who have stopped by to visit my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
 Here is one I keep in case of emergencies, no glass needs to be broken! 
Smaller float frame in faux oak, available here
Larger float frame :SOLD OUT
 
My new dehoarding goal is to list something new daily or weekly at each shop until I reach 205 at all four shops!  I "had" reached my new goal as of today!  My last three green battery operated lanterns sold.  Yeah!!!!!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 205 items, The Destiny of Things- 205 items, VintageToGoEasy - 206 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 203 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 More fun "fish" theme items that will bring back some old memories and make new ones!
Little mini mermaid drink markers in blue and green here
in mixed colors of red, orange, green and blue here
photo via kind Etsy buyer
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
3.  Other wedding themed ideas:   Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 238
 
4.  As Underwater theme decor, see update photos and story here  
 
 
 
 
"Some old memories making many new ones!"---Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things

No comments:

Post a Comment