Friday, March 20, 2015

Mini Easter Basket Baby Chenille Chicks: The Destiny of Things, Story 287

Mini Easter Basket Baby Chenille Chicks:  The Destiny of Things, Story 287

Someone loves these as much as I do!

Mini chenille baby chicks in gumball capsules, available here

How fun!  My chance to mix my love of little chenille baby chicks with my love of gumball capsules!  I remember getting some of these chicks in my Easter basket as a child and once I got older, I loved making my own Easter baskets out of old green plastic strawberry baskets!

I just loved to weave ribbon through the spaces and braid some pipe cleaners for a handle to get it ready for my dyed Easter eggs and then use them all later for the Easter egg hunts and fill all my baskets up!  

Then sitting around on the grass, checking out all the prizes in my plastic eggs after the hunt hoping one of these little baby chicks was in one.

Later, it was so fun fluffing up the grass and arranging and rearranging everything in all my baskets until it looked just right!  And then doing it all over again the next day!

As you can see below, I still save those plastic berry baskets too!  They come in handy for all kinds of things, like for transporting more chicks on the back of my dump truck for Easter happiness!

Mini chenille baby chicks in gumball capsules, available here

Here is a quick note I received:

Delightful! Makes me smile from within! Thanks! 

This little note made my morning!  And as you can tell by the memories these bring back for me, I am beaming inside and out too!

I had so much fun arranging this chickie dee scene.  Made me nostalgic for some mini foil chocolate eggs for a second!  I highly doubt someone makes those organic.

Mini chenille baby chicks in gumball capsules, available here

Saying Goodbye:  Kinda looks like they are going to pop out of their own little gumball capsule eggs!  Any minute now!

I have my own stash of these in my gumball machine just waiting to hatch!

What I Learned:

1.  As a recovering hoarder, sometimes I just can't pass up stuff I love from my childhood.  I am getting better at it and it's nice to have an outlet like Etsy for times when I go overboard.

2.   These I keep mine on hand, all year round!  Not only are they good for Easter baskets and plastic egg hunts, but they are cute just about anywhere for all ages, especially early spring time!  

In garden terrariums, potted plants, window sills, shelf display, photo props to show size, as pocket travel companions for children, especially in the gumball capsule so they travel well without getting crushed.  How will you use yours?

3.  I just love the looks on these because each one has their own personality, even the ones I accidentally crushed and fluffed up again.  A couple even lost an eye in the accident and when I find them again, you know I'm going to patch them up with some wiggle eyes!

Wiggle eyes, available here.  Pirate coins, here
Kawaii cute bunny rabbit stickers, here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for making my day!  So nice to know that these baby chicks make you smile inside too!  And a special thank you because it brought back so many sweet childhood memories of my Easters.  
 
Now I'm wondering if my Mom still has our peep hole sugar eggs from childhood!  So fun spending hours arranging mine just so!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab outlet ever!  I can't thank you enough! Because this time around, some old memories are making new ones! and this time I'm conscious about it.
 
Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
Easter card series I painted in the 80s
Titled:  Giggling Eggs of my 5th Easter, print available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
My new dehoarding goal is to list something new daily or weekly at each shop until I reach 205 at all four shops!  I have reached my goal as of today!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 205 items, The Destiny of Things- 205 items, VintageToGoEasy - 205 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 205 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Easter card series I made in the 80s
Titled:  Eggs in Fresh Cut Grass, print available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
 Related Stories:  Other loved things from my childhood









Easter card series I made in the 80s
Titled:  Sweaty Eggs in the Hot Sun, print available here

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."---Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment