Friday, June 6, 2014

Caco Twin Baby Doll Set: The Destiny of Things, Story 207

Caco Twin Baby Doll Set:  The Destiny of Things, Story 207

I almost had a heart attack when someone inquired about this set!

 photo via Hoarder Rehab
the last of childhood miniatures here

They asked what color eyes the baby twins had, so I answered black and thought it was an odd enough question to mean they weren't going to buy it.

 photo via Hoarder Rehab
the last of childhood miniatures here
 
However, they wrote back quickly and asked the cost of shipping to their zip code!  And then I had my recovering hoarder "heart attack!"  Until I got a story.... and I thought there name looked familiar and they were return buyers from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Doll and Book!  Read it here.

 photo via Hoarder Rehab
the last of childhood miniatures here
 
See the rose patterned carriage bedding?  I made that when I was about 8 years old for the caco twins.  For some reason I had to have the twins and the carriage.  They didn't match the doll house family I had, but I didn't care and everyone just seemed to fit right in together!
 
As a matter of fact, not much in my doll house matched and none of that bothered me.  Here's the rest of the family:

photo via Hoarder Rehab
the last of childhood miniatures here

It was pretty traumatic when they left too, but they came with a story and an update photo, and the Grandmother who ordered them, stole away during Christmas just to take a photo of  the little girl in her new bed and send it to me Christmas day!  So that helped tons to bring more joy over the pain knowing it's with a little girl who loves the same green and pink I did as a child, read and see the story, here.
 
I still don't really know why the loss of these are so upsetting to me and in this moment my mind is so clouded and muddled I really can't fathom a reason.  I haven't been grounded the past week or two and quite frankly just feel exhausted and a recluse.
 
Hmmm... the word, "recluse" just popped into my head and I don't even know what it really means, so I had to look it up.  There are many definitions, some more harsh than others, so here is the one that best describes me right now, "Recluse:, a person who lives in seclusion or apart from society, often for religious meditation."
 
I suppose mine would be for hoarder meditation, so I can get back on track....I thought I was peeling back the onion and getting closer to the core, but right now I feel stuck.  Stuck not quite in a bad way, nor good way, just stuck on middle ground somewhere neutral and in limbo.  Maybe a type of resting vacation to draw strength to move forward again.

photo via Hoarder Rehab
the last of childhood miniatures here
 
We emailed back and forth:
 
 
Hi M&J!

How are you? I didn't know the Caco baby twins eyes came in different colors. I take it you were looking for black ones. Shipping to your zip code with tracking and insurance will be $12.

Oh, and thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and story about the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie doll and book. It really helps me stay motivated on my Hoarder Rehab journey remembering your kind words. It also became a nice posting on my blog for me. Thank you for giving them both new lives and new homes! How are they doing?

So nice to see you again, so a 10% discount will apply on the item, but not shipping if you decide to order.

Many many thanks and have a good day!

Kindest regards,
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoeasy
www.etsy.com/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 180+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com

 It was my chance to ask how these two were doing in their new home!
photo via Hoarder Rehab
the last of my story book plush dolls, here

and in the last email I got a story!

Hi Kennedy,

We would like to buy the twin set - they are so adorable and so are all the other accessories. How do we go about getting the 10% discount and the shipping.

The book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and the Mouse doll are doing very well and are waiting someday for a Grandchild to love them!

Best wishes,
M&J 

 photo via Hoarder Rehab, see the Caco twin set on zoom here
the last of childhood miniatures here

Saying Goodbye:   So there's a couple out there collecting the most amazing toys for their future grandchildren!  I think that's the coolest!  I imagine them with a classic toy box that's kinda like a hope chest, but instead of it being for a daughter's wedding, it's filled with fun for their grandchildren!

That thought helps me because it allows a box of hope for anyone's future, not just mine as a recovering hoarder, but all kinds!  Something like an emergency survival kit, but more fun, more like getting prepared for the anticipation for a bigger than big dream to come true.

What I Learned:

1.  The next couple of weeks or months, I need to focus more on my immediate health.  I do have my own kind of hope chest almost full to help with my health.  Plus, I'm going back to my healthy diet of mostly vegan during the week and some three day juice fasts.  I'm going to make time to sit outside for lunch and enjoy the sun on my face.  I'm planning on taking at least one day a week eyebombing walks to turn some city eye sores into googly eye street art!

I think those goals are short and sweet for the next couple of weeks and quite doable for me.

What are your short terms goals for the near future? and which dream will help you decide what to fill your hope chest?

Thank you Etsy buyers from Hoarder Rehab for another story and for loving everything as much as I do!  I am so happy and grateful to you for adopting my childhood miniatures and teacher destash!

Thank you Etsy for another win win transaction that has made more than two people happy!  Even some future peoples!

Thank you US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Belgium, France, India, Luxembourg, Thailand, Germany, China, Spain, Italy and other countries for your visits and being part of my HoarderRehab and  The Destiny of Things!

My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and one has just been met at The Destiny of Things, and now Hoarder Rehab, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on at least one shop five days a week! 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 176 items ,  The Destiny of Things-191 items , VintageToGoEasy - 169 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 146 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
 
 My mix and match doll house furniture, available here
my doll family is comfortable with the same pink and green,
read story and see photo update here

Related Stories:

1.  M&J also have my If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Doll and Book, read about it here

2.  My mix and match childhood doll family for my Caco twins here with update photo.

Most Read Story of the Day:  An Etsy buyer who turned his Vernonware collections into the Museum of California Design, here
 
Most Read Story of the Week and Month Eye Bombing with Googly Eyes:  Turning city eye sores into street art one googly eye at a time! 

Most All Time Read StoryMy Louis Vuitton Collection the end of mine for the beginning of someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things! 

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and life.  There are no limits.  Only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." ---Bruce Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment