Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tooth Fairy Tooth Necklaces for Pre-K Classroom: The Destiny of Things, Story 209

Tooth Fairy Tooth Necklaces for Pre-K Classroom:  The Destiny of Things, Story 209

These sure do come in handy, one never knows when a baby tooth is going to fall out!

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Here is the little note I received:

Got this for my daughter's pre-k class as they are all losing their teeth! They. LOVED. Them! Thank you for such a great idea! 

I am so happy to hear someone ordered these as school favors for their daughter's class and they loved them!  I hope this idea continues to pass on and gives many young children from pre-k onwards some tooth fairy fun!

I kept these on hand as a teacher tool for as long as I can remember.  I taught third grade for almost 20 years and these were always a hit, especially during dental hygiene week.  I don't know if companies still pass out little travel dental kits to students, but I'd just add these right with them!

We used to get booklets on dental care, nutrition and healthy tooth growth with stickers, games and puzzles in it.  It came with a toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss and red tablets that detect plaque to encourage more efficient or longer brushing times.

Oh my they sell them!

I remember them looking somewhat like these.

I still have my large anatomical mouthful of teeth and large toothbrush from my teaching days to demonstrate proper brushing and flossing and not quite sure what to do with it.

Anyways, getting those classroom toothbrush kits were an exciting time and discussing how baby teeth will fall out and how new one's come in were a sign of growing up.  

My mom has kept my baby teeth in a shadow box with other little things, like our shoes, some art work and our favorite toys, some handmade and some not.  I would share this with my class and talk about memory keepsake boxes and I would also show and tell my "school" book, which has a class photo of me from each year of grade school, my report cards, medical inoculation records and even some of my teeth!

Interesting how interested my students were interested in that book!  They had to see each photo, see how I signed my name each year, asked what kind of grades I got and wondered who my best friends were!

I also had a Dr.Seuss book called My Book About Me, by Me, Myself.  I had filled it out between third and fourth grade and they would have a hoot over all the stuff I wrote in it!  They would ask me to read the story I wrote in it over and over.  It must have totally been third grade humor because the title was "The Crying Banana" and it was just a few short sentences about a banana that cried because it was about to get eaten and was saved by a little girl for another day.

It was a fun week filled with brushing and flossing in the classroom and taking it all home at the end of the week and demonstrating to someone for homework.  If everyone was too busy, there was always a pet or yourself in the mirror!

How about some red necklaced ones for patriotic 4th of July!
I taught at a year round school, so these still came in handy for summertime!
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these along with the tooth saver treasure chests because I could never decide which ones I liked better or they would like better too and passed out both types!  I have plans on how to use them in my art, but now that my insomnia is gone and I'm catching up on sleep, I have no idea when that will happen.

I quality check each one and put a heart pony bead inside for extra fun!
It rattles around and sounds like a pirate has left it's tooth inside
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I definitely have good memories from my childhood about losing my teeth and visits from the tooth fairy and from teaching my students about teeth and good oral hygiene.  I hope there are at least 500 students out there that remember these lockets with fond memories and plenty more from others who order them and pass them on! 

I could go on, but my time is up today and I'm going on an adventure tonight and need to get ready for it!

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for leaving me with your story and I have high hopes that these tooth keeper necklaces are making good memories wherever they go!

Thank you Etsy for getting me and my loved stuff out there and making my Hoarder Rehab journey so much more interesting with the help of others keeping me thankful, inspired and motivated!

Thank you US, China, AU, UK, France, Luxembourg, Singapore, Turkey, Ukraine, Canada, Germany and others who have been supporting me and my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things

My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and one has just been met at The Destiny of Things, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 173 items ,  The Destiny of Things-190 items , VintageToGoEasy - 169 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 146 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

Related Stories: 

1.  My first story about the tooth keeper treasure chests, here
2.  For a good old fashioned Halloween party without candy in a tree house, read here!
3.  These shipped out ASAP for a loose tooth! Read about it here
4.  A mother hunts down these tooth lockets for her daughter's presentation here!  with updates and pics!
5.  Tooth locket story from a fellow teacher for a family of loose teeth, click here!
6.  These plastic tooth lockets maybe molds to make sterling jewelry at an Etsy shop, here!
8.  Update on Miswak, here, yes I still love it and use it twice daily.  New update coming soon!
9.  Tooth Fairy Tooth Holders and Healthy Eating Art:  The Destiny of Things, Story 163, here
10.  Tooth Locket Necklaces and Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 166, here

"If I don't like something change it.  If I can't change it, change my attitude." ---Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment