Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Finding Neighbors Movie: Today's Hoarder Rehab Epiphany #9

Finding Neighbors Movie:  Today's Hoarder Rehab Epiphany #9

For those going to change the world and then a quarter century passes... it's never too late!

photo via imbd

If you are like me and one of those people who were going to change the world and ended up somewhere else 30 years later this film will renew all HOPE!

I'm always tempted to read spoilers, so I'm not even going to write any.  If you want to know the synopsis, read about it here on the Finding Neighbors website.  If you need to know how famous the actors in it are and the awards it's won, and about Jud Jenkins who wrote and directed it and his previous awards, that is here.

And if you are like me and must see the trailer before you read on, it's here on vimeo.

Finding neighbors and getting out of an isolating rutt

I received an invitation from a long lost friend to see this at the LA Film School in Hollywood!

I debated whether or not to go because I lost touch when I became bedridden sick, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try something different.  And I'm thankful I did because I not only reconnected with Jennifer, but the entire experience connected me back to some of my own long lost dreams.

Finding Neighbors could be about anyone over 50 or any age really who has lost touch with themselves, others and their dreams.  I liked the fact that the characters didn't have to go far to find themselves and their dreams had never really died, but were dormant.

Well, there were many things I liked about the movie and I hope I didn't let too time pass to write about it when I had so much to say and now can't remember a thing.

Refinding yourself again, over the age of 50

The film shows the magic that occurs when the most unexpected people come together and change it for the better.

So in a way going to see the movie and listening to the Q&A of the film makers and then going to the Cat and the Fiddle afterwards an reconnecting with Jennifer was like living the movie in one evening!

Can culminate into bringing new life to new passions and old dreams
or combine new dreams with old passions, etc

My mind is cluttered with many ideas and directions to go with them about this movie, but long story short, I would say my epiphany is that I saw the magic that occurs when people come together at the most unexpected times and change it for the better. 

Wait, I didn't just see the magic and feel it, but that night I lived it.  Not just through the movie, but literally and figuratively in a span of about eight hours.  It's the like movie broke off and continued on through the night to the Cat and the Fiddle and I reconnected with Jennifer, Ron, myself, my husband and my crazy lost dreams.

When we got home, we talked late into the night to the wee morning hours, until we just fell asleep.  

Ever since, I've been evaluating my life wondering how dedicated and focused I need to be on dehoarding and little by little returning to at least two of my lost dreams!

There was so much more I wanted to write from what I learned from the movie, the Q&A session, the graphics in the movie and it's circular ending and more, but I'm just going to say, if you get a chance "go see Finding Neighbors!"  It might just reboot your life too and spark a flame!

Thank you Jennifer for inviting me after all these years and having hope in something unseen.  Thank you Ron for running with your long lost dreams and making them come true to life for yourself and many others including myself.  I'm going to go run with my long lost dreams now.  Thank you.

"Art is the shadow of what a person is thinking."

This coming Thursday, I'm going to start sharing one of my long lost dreams!

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of a quote a friend sent ... "It's not about what's lasting or permanent. It's about individual voices is coming together for a moment...." by Francis Underwood

    There must be a way to see this movie if it doesnt go mainstream. The traiker is fabulous. I certainly could use the hope and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete