Monday, June 23, 2014

Bachelorette Party Diamond Box Favors: The Destiny of Things, Story 214

Bachelorette Party Diamond Box Favors:  The Destiny of Things, Story 214

All the way to a New Orleans Bachelorette Party!  How fun! and then came this note...

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
diamonds available here

Note from Buyer

Any ideas of what to put in these for bachelorette party?

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
diamond boxes available here

I wrote back:

Hmm.... What to put inside the diamonds? What kind of bachorlette party are you planning? mild mannered? wild? cutsie? for the beginning or the end of the party? Let me know and we can come up with some ideas for you!


She wrote back:

We are going on a party bus and then to bar hop in new Orleans haha so I'm sure things will get a little crazy..but ages are between 18-45 so I don't want it to be too wild.

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
diamond boxes available here

Here are my ideas:

Hi!

Bar hopping in New Orleans! Way to go on a party bus!! How fun! How about a party kit?

Small quick ideas:

Let's see, if you pass them out in the beginning, how about a small "on the go" snack, perhaps chocolates like plain m and m's (it will hold a small handful) or small wrapped up Godivas.

If it gets a little crazy, you can give them out in the end, with a little hangover kit inside? I think it will hold a couple of aspirin, mints, and a tiny sample bottle of "clear eyes." (I don't know if they sell tiny bottles of visine anymore.)

Beginning, middle and end Party KIt may include:

Or you can put the diamond inside a small party favor gift bag with more things, like

starters: small bottle of champagne, munchies for the ride, energy drink, chocolates, fun novelty sunglasses, etc....

little first aid: band aids, wet naps, tampons, etc

for the ride home: mints, aspirin, those neck pillows, sunglasses

for the morning after: sunglasses, tea bags, coffee candy, water, Starbuck coffee shot and cereal bar, toothbrush, etc.

It can be called, "Bride to be" name here" Party Kit ---- in sickness and in health....hahaha!

Let me know what you think!
Kennedy

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
diamond boxes available here

Final decision:  Thanks! Great ideas! I think I'll go with the aspirin! That will be funny!

I think it would be funny too! A white diamond full of aspirins!  That's going to be a lot of aspirins and then some!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
diamond boxes available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these to use as small gift boxes and my art projects because everyone loves a diamond!  From full with little goodies or as empty to fill up on scavenger hunt adventures everyone I know young at heart love these!

I like to make little themed diamonds, like this red diamond for a teacher as desk inspiration!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
teacher red diamond with 25 items of desk inspiration, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I do love boxes!  I use these when I need something bigger than my gumball capsules to hold a gift and can be used in so many ways!

These come in handy for some little ones I know and they love them even empty to go on scavenger hunts in the backyard, around the block walks, even little treasures to find in their rooms and trade at a specified time, usually after nap time!

We sit around and arrange our cool trades and play with them and then we hold contests of who can find the most items to fit inside them!  Beat your own score next time...  Great for little ones learning to count.

Handy to keep on hand for any theme and costume imaginary play too!  Lost treasure pirate diamonds, secret message diamonds, beach shells, money diamonds, I Spy all blue or any color diamonds, what would a princess, prince, queen, king, knight keep in their diamond, etc.... even holds small snacks!

2.  I do love to make my own themed diamonds!  Here are some I've made, click on the highlighted words to visit at our various shops to view a Hello Kitty Diamond, Pirate Diamond, Pink Diamond, Teacher Red Diamond and Halloween Diamonds.

I give them to family and friends as thank yous and desk inspiration fun!  I like to open mine and arrange while I'm waiting on hold on the phone.

photo via The Destiny of Things
Hello Kitty diamond of at least 25 inspirational things, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for your question and story.  My hope is that others will be inspired and get ideas on how to use these fun diamonds!  And your story may one day provide insight to mine about my love of all kinds of boxes!

Thank you Etsy for helping me find over 750+ hoarded items new lives and homes to help my dream of a Minimalist Organic home with a room for music and art!

Thank you US, Canada, China, Argentina, UK, India, Japan, Luxembourg, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and others for your visits to my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and 3 have been met at The Destiny of Things, Hoarder Rehab and now VintageToGoEasy, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 181 items ,  The Destiny of Things-194 items , VintageToGoEasy - 175 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 157 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
pirate diamond available here

Related Stories:

1.  Someone else loves boxes too!  Read about it here

2.  I Love My Gumball Machine Capsules!  The Destiny of Things, Story 156, read it here.

3.  Halloween Diamond Story and other goodies in a tree house, here
 
“It's never too late to have a happy childhood." ---Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker.  Author of "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues," one of my favorite novels from my college days.
 
"Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs." ---Malcolm Forbes

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kennedy, my Grandsons loved their Halloween Diamonds that you prepared!
    I think I will refill them this year and have an even more fantastic party in the tree house. Loved the after party theme with aspirin. You are one clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali! So cool you saved the diamonds so you can reuse them again this year for Halloween! Another clever eco friendly idea! Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know what fun refills you choose for more ideas!

    ReplyDelete