Friday, June 20, 2014

Mini Tribu Perfume Sample Bottle: The Destiny of Things, Story 213

Mini Tribu Perfume Sample Bottle:  The Destiny of Things, Story 213

Remember United Colors of Benetton?   This Etsy buyer's story parallels with one of mine!

more of my childhood perfume collection here

First in Note from Buyer, I received a mysterious few words, "There is a story! !! More later."  I am so thankful when someone actually reads my entire description or profile and there's a story!

Then a few days letter came this email!

Yes, my clutter interest is that I love to shop vintage, flea market etc but I'm already seeing how it can happen so I have stopped and cull frequently. I've got it under control early but I see my dad's place w/ more and more coming in each day..and a dear friend of mine that I call Mom too. So I love reading about minimalism and de-clutter.

My story about the purchase was in 1993 and I met a girl who became a friend for life. We were in our early to mid 20's and working jobs plus attending a trade school for court reporting, which is where we met.

We had many fun nights on the town together and I always wore Tribu perfume. She loved it and wanted to make sure it was ok with me that she wore it too. We are still close friends but she lives near Houston and I'm near Dallas and we don't visit often anymore.

I'm going to send this to her! Her birthday was May 5th but she'll be so surprized and it is certain to bring a flood of memories of our nights on the town as two single girls! One of my favourite stories is when we met at her place after work and she wanted to go out but I wasn't dressed for it. She said she had a mini skirt I could wear. Let me preface this by saying she worked in a very conservative law firm. So when I put on her "mini" it was to my knees! I was using to wearing 12" mini skirts and I was appalled and told her I absolutely could NOT go out in this matronly skirt! She said, "but YOUR Knees!! they are showing!" LOL

Needless to say, we had so much fun and but nothing in common. It was truly a case of opposites attract with our friendship. I had more laughs with her than ever!!!

She will be THRILLED to receive this tiny momento! And I'm looking forward to a whiff of it myself before I ship it off!

Cheers!

How fun is that?  All brought back from a bottle of Tribu perfume!  Can you imagine what kind of memories will flood back from just a whiff?  

Aromas can really knock some socks off when it comes to bringing back lost lost memories and sometimes it's the most unknown unsuspecting ones that can trigger a memory and bring it back to life with such surprising fullness and delight.

more of my childhood perfume collection here

In the 80s and 90s, I had a complete opposite girl friend too!  And we'd go out during our single college days and we shared perfume too, but she always thought my perfume always smelled different on her but I'd say our memories revolved around several pairs of earrings we each had and shared.

She was the conservative dressed up one and I was the casual punker.  She had every hair in place and her make up perfect.  My make up consisted of lip gloss, maybe some mascara and my hair was pixie short.

We met playing racquetball and were a mean team.  When we were starving students, we won many double matches betting for dinners just to get by during our first years of college!

more of my childhood perfume collection here

Saying Goodbye:   This Tribu perfume didn't give me any troubles letting go, but some of my other perfumes did, like my REVENESCENCE LIQUID by Charles of the Ritz and my 80s Must de Cartier perfume from France at the time did, but now that over six months has passed on both of them, I don't miss them now and am grateful they went to to better lives and new homes.

 This formula must be practically extinct since it's discontinued and although it did make my face glow later I found out, if I remember correctly it contains ambergris or oil from the digestive system of a sperm whale.  Not so pretty stuff.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

What I Learned:

1.  Scents are like bottled up small miracles because who knows where a scent may take me!  I have to avoid most scented things now due to allergies, but I think I might try and find some organic ones.  I think I may incorporate scents in gift giving so some memories can be evolved and saved around a certain scent.
2.  I was reading about 6 scents that heal last week or so, here and was thinking that I should grow the named scents in my garden: sage, rosemary, oranges, peppermint, lavender and cinnamon.  If grown organically they shouldn't bother my allergies.

3.  It's always good to hear how others deal with their clutter and over buys before it gets out of control.  It keeps me inspired and motivated with moving forward.

What is your favorite scent?  and where does it take you?  Today, it's fresh ground coffee because it reminds me of weekend mornings and it takes me to a place of relaxation with all the time in the world.

 This was a sad goodbye too, but it came with such a happy story!
And now it's good to know that 6 months later, I am happy this is
sharing old memories and making new memories for a couple!

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for your story and I am grateful that it helps me with mine and it's good for me to know that I have things in common with a non hoarder!

Thank you Etsy and Etsyians for supporting me and my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things in more ways than one in my ever evolving journey!

Thank you US, Moldova, China, Russia, Argentina, UK, Bahrain, Singapore, Ukraine, Luxembourg, Canada, Switzerland and many others for your visits to my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and two have been met at The Destiny of Things and Hoarder Rehab, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 178 items ,  The Destiny of Things-195 items , VintageToGoEasy - 173 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 154 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

 Sample of how I used to display my childhood perfume collection
more of my childhood perfume collection here

Related Stories:  More stories from my perfume collection!
1.  Perfume is like time traveling, one whiff and who knows where it will take you.  Read about My Must de Cartier Perfume from France and where it took me and Karen and who knows who else when she wears it! 
 
2.  Yardley of London Invisible Talc Tin:  The Destiny of Things, Story 210, here

Most Read Story of the Day:  Freddie the Frog Puppet here, from my teaching days.

Most Read Story of the Month:  Eye bombing Street Art with Googly Eyes, here

All Time Most Read Story of The Week and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection the end of mine for the beginning of someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things!    
 
"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."  Sam Watterson creator of Calvin and Hobbes 

2 comments:

  1. What a great story! Certain scents are like instsnt time travel machines, aren't they? One of my favorites is the smell of coffee percolating and bacon cooking at the same time. It takes me back to my grandmothers house where I felt safe and warm and have so many fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kit Kat: awwwwe I love your miniature perfume shadow box!

    ReplyDelete