Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Bell Garland and Mini Jewelry Bell Charms: The Destiny of Things, Story 290

Bell Garland and Mini Jewelry Bell Charms:  The Destiny of Things, Story 290

I love bells and have/had quite the collection!

100 fun mini bells, some jingle, some don't, available here

It's not easy finding inexpensive mini bells and by the time I found some, well, I kinda hoarded them!  Also by the time I found some, I had forgotten about how I was going to use them.

Now I use them in my hanging origami crane projects, so they can jingle in the wind, like a mobile.  I've been making these cranes since childhood, taught them as part of geometry lessons in the classroom and now I mainly make them to keep my hands busy during suspenseful movies.

10 hanging origami cranes with bells, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I use these for all different occasions in many different ways.  They make great DIY garlands by just threading through some string.  Hang from a tree branch for an instant mobile.  I also give them away in some special "thank you" packaging or use them as an embellishment for gift wrapping.  I also use them in my mixed media art, photo props and as an accent to brighten up a bonsai or little corner.

I like to use a lot of recycled materials or plain paper for wrapping gifts,  like tissue paper, doilies, white scrap paper, newspaper, brown crumpled shipping stuffer paper and dress them up with the hanging origami cranes and my abstract "love" cards.

Everyone loves a gift that jingles!

10 blue hanging origami cranes with gold bells, available here
Abstract love cards made with Mina Perhonen butterfly washi tape, available here

Speaking of garlands, an Etsy buyer purchased a different one of my bell garlands and said it was "magical!"  

Their exact words being, "Lovely magical string of jingle bells, very shiny and sweet."

 Garland of "magical" jingle bells:  SOLD OUT

At one time, these were the smallest bells I could find, they were too big, but I used them for a project anyway.  The gold acorn tops pop right off and came in the colors I wanted for a long gone Christmas project.  Of course, it's better to have too many than not enough for any project!  So I let these go at JunkDrawerAndMore.

It's kinda of odd and interesting how an item will sit at one of my shops unnoticed and then all of a sudden, a bunch of people take notice and make custom requests.  For instance, this garland sat around for at least one renewal with little activity and then "boom," someone requested a custom order of 4 of them and shortly after someone else wanted them in all one color and then all of a sudden they were purchased.

I am so thankful they were ordered by someone who loves their string of magical jingle bells!  I hope they adorn their mantel during the winter holiday season each year.

 Garland of "magical" jingle bells:  SOLD OUT
Coke bottles, available here

Hmmm... I sure got side tracked, where was I?  Custom requests.....so another Etsy buyer and Etsy shop seller requested these in all one size.  The smallest sized bells that don't make any noise of about 10mm tall with bale and 5mm wide and are perfect for earrings, so they don't drive anyone batty with jingling.  

And guess what?  Mandy purchased them to make earrings!

They do have a metal piece inside them to make them jingle, but I guess it's so small to move around enough to jingle.  I opened one just to see inside it and I could get the larger bells open and closed easily without damaging them to take the metal piece inside out, but it's a lot of work.

It does take a lot of movement to make them jingle too, but the small ones don't jingle one bit!

Here is Mandy's beautifully handmade earrings with bells!

I think all her bell earrings have SOLD OUT
but these are just as beautiful and in the same style, available here

Mandy is very nice and friendly, so I'm sure she takes custom requests.  Her handmade jewelry is indeed unique and fun, so check out her shop, by clicking on uniQue2ChicCesigns.

Here is another example of her unique bell earrings!  So simple, beautiful and versatile!  And can be worn with other silver and/or gold jewelry.

I think all her bell earrings have SOLD OUT
but these are just as beautiful and in similar style with stars, available here
 Her packaging of her jewelry is more than gift worthy too!

Here is another one of my favorite designs by her.

Tiny bottled flower necklace, available here

So fun window shopping at her shop, uniQue2ChicCesigns by Mandy C.!  Makes me wish I could wear metal jewelry again!  Continue looking at her wonderful handmade jewelry, here.  She personalizes jewelry too!

100 fun mini bells, some jingle, some don't, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I am so thankful these have found such unique new lives with a jeweler artist and they appear to have even moved on down a different road to another next new life and home somewhere else to other Etsy buyers.  Fascinating!

What I Learned:

1.  I think I'm over hoarding bells.  Now, if I could just get over my love of beads! 

Large red bells for old fashioned sibling door alarms, just add googly eyes!
Large 1.5 inch jingle bells, available here

Thank you Mandy C. from uniQue2ChicCesigns for sending me an email!  I love the idea that you created something new with the bells and made them into something more beautiful and now they've been purchased again and are spiraling "out there" as earrings in perhaps, so many different ways!  Christmas gifts, holiday jewelry, so many stories to tell!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab outlet ever!  I can't thank you enough! I am so thankful that my items are making their own new stories and making new memories wherever they are!
 
Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

 Large 2.5 inch teacher apple bell, new vintage, available here

My new dehoarding goal is to maintain at least 205 items at each shop!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 206 items, The Destiny of Things- 205 items, VintageToGoEasy - 206 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 206 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment