Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Re-Animator's Herbert West Syringe Pen Halloween Accessory: The Destiny of Things, Story 251

Re-Animator;s Herbert West Syringe Pen Halloween Accessory:  The Destiny of Things, Story 251

I've loved these since childhood!

Green, yellow and/or blue syringe pens with black ink here
Red syringe pens with red ink here

My pediatrician always had one his lab coat pocket.  At the doctor's office, I remember my mom setting me on the little shelf and ringing a bell and a frosted window door would slide open and my mom would sign a waiting list on a clip board with one of these syringe pens tied to it.  Peeking in I remember a whole cup full of these in the receptionist's pen holder.

However, this Halloween, these green syringe pens are going to make some completely different memories!  Here is the note I received:

This Halloween, I plan to go as Herbert West from Re-Animator. I have been searching for a safe and fun replica needle (preferably filled with green liquid). Etsy is my favorite site to browse and shop because you never know what treasures you may find. These pens are so cute and perfect for my costume! Thank you so much! 

How much spooky fun, is that!  Maybe you are like me and have no clue or ideas about Herbert West from Re-Animator.  I googled it and it's a cult movie from 1985 from HP Lovecraft's short story from 1922.  Hmmm.... I see it's on netflix too.  I think I've found our Halloween night movie!  Just add popcorn!

Green, yellow and/or blue syringe pens with black ink here
Red syringe pens with red ink here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these and personally like the red syringe pen with red ink!  Guess which pen I use to write my "thank you" note with each order?

What I Learned:

1.  Here is another item from my childhood that seems be growing in popularity.  Other items are the fortune fish, plastic toothy tooth locket necklaces, tooth saver treasure chests and gumball machine capsules.  Click on the highlighted words and it will take you to them at one of our Etsy shops.

2.  The upside is that I'm getting all my childhood novelty items a chance to wear off and not be so in the moment "have to have" instant gratification fear of missing out mixed feelings happening as a regular occurrence.  The down side is the shops are getting so busy now, I have little time for using them in my art.

Red syringe pens with red ink here
Green, yellow and/or blue syringe pens with black ink here
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for sending your story because each story helps mine and it's like finding a clue to a mystery! or matching another piece of the puzzle that will help me see the big picture soon!  It also brings me closer to the truth with less fear about why I hoard!

Thank you Etsy for helping me disperse my hoard in a manner that I can slowly process and deal with in the most peaceful way to help break my hoarding habits!

Thank you US, Ukraine, China, Philippines, Canada, France, Mexico, Poland and others who have stopped by to support my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My new goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by December for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things, Hoarder Rehab and VintageToGoEasy!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my new goal.


Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 210 items, The Destiny of Things- 200 items , VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 189 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 

 photo via wikipedia

Related Stories:

1.  Syringe Pens use as an Art Gallery Prop here.
 
"Sometimes when you open your mind to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth."---Walter Bishop from Fringe.

2 comments:

  1. What a terrific quote! Again you have inspired me and I am filled with gratitude to have you as my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your friendship and support!

    ReplyDelete