Monday, October 13, 2014

Bouncing Eyeball Balls: The Destiny of Things, Story 250

Bouncing Eyeball Balls:  The Destiny of Things, Story 250

and they glow in the dark too!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy 
gid eyebakk bakks are SOLD OUT!
 Glow in the dark zombie or witch fingers here

I just love anything glow in the dark and eyeballs and here they are together! I originally bought these to put in a soap bar the next time I use my soap kit.  I just have to see if I can wash my hands in the dark!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy 
gid eyeball balls are SOLD OUT!
 Glow in the dark zombie or witch fingers here

These sold out so fast back in July and the Etsy buyer said she was wondering if she could wait til Halloween to give them to her grandkids!  I wonder is she held out or not.....

As soon as I find my Martha by Mail soap kit in my hoard, I hope to use these in some soap!  I just loved Martha by Mail and didn't buy nearly as many kits as I should have!  Oh my, did I just say that?

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
glow in the dark zombie or witch fingers for one hand or two, here
As a teacher, one hand of these were enough for me and they are also fun to give away! 

Saying Goodbye:  I just love stuff like this and I think it's from my Dad being in charge of games and prizes for his association's annual picnic!  This kinda stuff would sit in our garage for weeks and we were not allowed to touch til the picnic!

There were carnival like game booths and all kinds of races to play in and everyone got consolation prizes!  I thought some of the consolation prizes were better than the winning prizes!

What were some of your favorite carnival toy prizes from childhood?  Mine were the live goldfish and the little rings with shiny rhinestones in them!  I had to have my birthstone! 

What I Learned:

1.  Much of my hoard stems from my childhood.  I just can't seem to get enough from novelty toy prizes from days long past!  I hope that changes soon and I move on to something else.

2.  I seem to buy what I think I'm going to use in a project one day.....and sometimes it doesn't work because the supplies seem to just pile up, but in some cases it seems to work because if I don't end up doing the art project planned at least I can let go of the supplies to upgrade to better ones. 

For example, last year most of my Day of the Dead Mexican Religious Folk Art sold and I was able to buy more Mexican Folk Art wedding milagro necklaces.  I used to think I would take them apart and remake them into something else, but now it seems that would be difficult for me to do.

Also, I love certain kinds of Dresden paper ephemera from Germany and the newer ones from England.  Before I just loved them all, but now what I've been buying is more specific. so soon you may seem me listing some of my old Dresden paper ephemera that I've been collecting since the 80s to buy my special heart's desire specific ones!

And I had tons of other collections going on, but most of them are gone or are in the process of being let go, but the list is long and can be seen here

more gid creepy critters I have to put in soaps!
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for leaving your story to help me with mine!  Of course, I've already played with my pair of eyes in the dark.  Mine I have hit the ceiling many times and bounced off of who knows what!  I wonder if you are still holding out for Halloween...

Thank you Etsy for your continued support towards my Hoarder Rehab via all four shops!

Thank you US, China, Ukraine, France, Germany, Canada, Australia, UK, India and many others for your visits this past week.  Due to technical difficulties, insomnia and an allergic reaction to soy I am still on the mend, but functioning at minimal levels.

My new goal new is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by December for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at Hoarder Rehab, The Destiny of Things and VintageToGoeasy!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my goal.

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 210 items, The Destiny of Things- 200 items , VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 189 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking
!
 pastel pony beads that glow in the dark
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Related Stories:  Some Etsy buyers stories from last year Halloween.
1.  Ali's first story from the Alvin Schwartz book, More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark:  See the tree house where the stories will be read out loud from an Etsy shop owner, thank you Ali! (click for her Etsy shop)

2.  My first Alvin Schwartz, More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark story is here from an Etsy shop owner, Thank you Molly! (click for her Etsy shop)  She remember the scary illustrations from childhood.  

"Do one thing everyday that scares you." ---Eleanor Roosevelt

2 comments:

  1. I have never made soap. I think it would be fun to make some with (and for)
    kids with the g-i-d bugs and eye ball balls. Is making soap easy to do?

    Love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Yes, making soap is easy and fun! I'll let you know how to make some!

    ReplyDelete