Monday, October 6, 2014

Little Red Fortune Fish: The Destiny of Things, Story 249

Little Red Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 249

I never thought these would be so popular!  Just like they remembered!

photo via Hoarder Rehab, Fortune Fish available here 
frame available here

Just like I remember them too!  I received an email saying just that and that some treasure hunters are going to just love them too!  I am always so happy to know that it brings back memories for some and will make new memories for many!

photo via Hoarder Rehab 
Fortune Fish available here 
So I'm beginning to notice that some of my hoard has turned into a good thing and I'll keep supplying popular items until no one orders them anymore!  I never thought that would happen with anything in my hoard!

photo via Hoarder Rehab 
Fortune Fish available here

Saying Goodbye:  I keep a good amount these stashed because they are part of my "Thank you" packaging that goes out with each order.  When I first started my Hoarder Rehab journey, it was like taking a step off a cliff into an abyss, but on a more positive note, I had to constantly remind myself that it was just a small baby step into an unknown future and my life was mostly likely going to be better without my hoard!

And if it wasn't?  Well, I would remind myself it would be so easy to return to my hoarding ways and it was an open option, but why not try dehoarding and see what happens?

So these fortune fish and other fortune ephemera and such are symbols for me and a thank you to you for helping me let go of every order!  The package is changes every once in awhile, but basically some things stay the same.

Some fortune ephemera that reminds me that it's okay and not so scary to leave hoarding behind into an unknown future!  Each order I package with the above is a reminder of where I might be headed and also give thanks to one more item I've let go to it's new life and home!
photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I think I'm possibly starting to see a future without hoarding.  Another thing I didn't think possible, so I suppose blind faith from leaving hoarding behind into a unknown future is beginning to take shape now!

So I suppose it's time to see if this new direction is just a phase or something longer lasting than a passing thought.
When was the last time you gave up a really bad habit way of life and put blind faith into an unknown future?  And how did it turn out for you?  Perhaps enough hoard has left for me to see more clearly now!

Thank you Etsy buyer for your story because it has seemed to give me insight into a peek of future life without hoarding!

Thank you Etsy for helping me dehoard over 876 items and counting!

Thank you US, China, France, Ukraine, Germany, Canada, Indonesia, Russia and others who have stopped by to support my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My new goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by December for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my new goal.

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 205 items, The Destiny of Things- 201 items , VintageToGoEasy - 192 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 187 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
photo via Hoarder Rehab 
Fortune Fish available here

Related Stories:

1.  An Etsy buyer from NY sharing Fortune Fish with her college classmates as they study, Fortune Teller Miracle Fish by Cathryn Hankla:  The Destiny of Things, Story 152.  I also included some of my favorite passages, read it here 

2.  Fortune Teller Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXXII, here used as party favors!

3.  Miracle Fish Fortune Teller Surprise Balls:  The Destiny of Things, Story XCII, here
4. A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112:  Part 1

5.  UPDATE on A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112, Part 2,here

6.  As Underwater theme decor, see update photos and story here

7.  Fortune Fish at a quilting bee where old memories made new ones! Read it here!

8.  Teachable Moments with  Fortune Fish Tellers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 180

9.  With an updated photo from an Etsy buyer using some of my items from the "Thank you" package, here 

10.  Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 238:  Various ways they've been used in themed parties. 

"Today is the day that everything goes according to plan."  ---The Optimist Quote

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    In this post you ask the reader about giving up bad habits & in blind faith taking a leap into an unknown future...

    I don't know about giving up bad habits but I do know about jumping blindly into the unknown. I find it exhilarating in many ways but never easy. Sometimes things fall into place so beautifully and naturally, just like a perfectly fitting piece in a jig saw puzzle. Other times my leaps have come with hard lessons and many tears. Regardless of the turn out I have always found friends and personal growth along the way. I feel as if my footsteps have been guided by Grace

    ReplyDelete