Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Pumpkin Head Containers: The Destiny of Things, Story 255

Halloween Pumpkin Head Containers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 255

It's so  nice to make someone's day!

small pumpkin containers - SOLD OUT

I  bought these last year for Halloween decor and to give out with candy to trick or treaters, but no one has come the last two years, so off they went to someone who was really happy to have found them too!

She was so happy she told me that she scoured the internet looking for these and finally found them with me!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Here is the email she sent when I asked her how many she needed:

Well, I own a business in a very small town in Northern California. It's a combo shipping/mailing/gift store. I want to do a really cute trick or treat thing for my customers that have kids. We did something similar at Easter (but with 200 eggs!) where there are prizes for the kids AND the moms :). I have looked hi and lo for little pumpkins like this!

I hope she only needed 24 this year!  I did buy a lot of Halloween items last year and this year I bought nothing, so I hope I am not going from one extreme to another because I really do need to find a way to balance my holiday shopping.

I still have a lot left from last year too, so maybe this year there will be some trick or treaters!


Saying Goodbye:  I didn't even save one of these for next year, since the Etsy buyer needed every last one!  I did find my Halloween desk decor from my teaching days, so I suppose that will be my annual Halloween decor from now on!

What I Learned:

1.  My health issues are still taking it's toll, so I'm resting a lot.  Not much I can do with uncomfortable allergy reactions and back pain, but continue daily routines as best as possible while adding in more healthful ones.

2.  I seem to do a lot of window shopping to pass the time comfortably and it's very very difficult to pass up bargains with health issues.  I don't have the same resolve as when I am healthy.  The winter holidays are coming and it should be interesting how I handle my annual winter holiday stress this year, which is usually by shopping, shopping and shopping!

3.  I have been buying arts and crafts supplies, so I feel like I'm squirreling away enough to have art projects as an alternative to winter holiday stress this year.  Only time will tell!

I'll need to think of something fun to do with these!
black plastic coffins, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for being so happy and enthusiastic about finding the pumpkin head containers, so glad they all left at once and will make some children smile somewhere in Northern California!

Thank you Etsy for all the fun and kind people I've been meeting on my Hoarder Rehab journey!

Thank you US, UK, Turkey, China, Denmark, France, Poland, Russia and many others for taking part in my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My new goal is to keep list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things, Hoarder Rehab and VintageToGoEasy!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my new goal.

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 203 items, The Destiny of Things- 200 items , VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 183 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 Blue Day of the Dead vase or candle holder, available here or in red, here
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
Happy Halloween and Day of the Dead!

2 comments:

  1. "Only time will tell" ... With only a few days left in 2014 and two major holidays behind us, I hope you fairing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2015! Looking upward and moving forward...

    ReplyDelete