Friday, October 17, 2014

Halloween Day of the Dead Skull Head Eraser Tops: The Destiny of Things, Story 252

Halloween Day of the Dead Skull Head Eraser Tops:  The Destiny of Things, Story 252

These work for Halloween and Day of the Dead! or a Pirate party!

skull head erasers in assorted fiesta colors, available here

I couldn't resist and bought these!  Of course, I had a project in mind for them too.  I was going to add some paper flowers, rhinestones and googly eyes to their heads and turn them into sugar skuls for my Day of the Dead art shrines, but they were too big and didn't fit inside them.

Here is an example of my Day of the Dead art:

 None of these were deep enough for the skull head erasers!  Bummer!
La Luna - sold out, Church nicho here, Angel eye nicho here and Sacred heart here
Cross nine patch quilt washi tape card here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

An Etsy buyer bought them for her pencils around the house and to give to little ones when they stop by for a visit!  How fun!  My students loved anything Halloween and I was used to buying them items like these to add a little sunshine to erasing any small or large mistakes!  There is nothing wrong with a mistake when you can erase it!

skull head erasers in assorted fiesta colors, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these saved for a rainy day.  I do have more nichos lost somewhere in my hoard, so maybe these will fit in them when I find them!

What I Learned:

1.  I think I'm over buying little things just because I think they will be good in a craft project without actually checking to see if they'll fit!  

2.  Also think I'm over buying things just because they remind me of my teaching days!  Rationally, I know I'm not teaching anymore nor will most likely ever return to teaching (knock on wood cross my heart stick a needle in my eye if I do), but my heart still loves to buy all the little kitschy fun classroom stuff and I think I might bend my excuses for buying them into art projects!

Now that's a recovering hoarder mind battling it out for a win to buy!  However in the long run, I must remind myself that in the end, all of the newly bought hoard can end up as a loss with just more hoard cluttering up everywhere!

This does look like a small harmless amount to me, but they only came in bulk amounts! 
and not one fit in any of the nichos I found!
skull head erasers in assorted fiesta colors, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for sending in your story because I realized so much today! And hope in the future I can limit my bulk orders, so I can end my hoarding cycles.

Thank you Etsy for helping me find new lives and homes for over 945 hoarded items! I think it's finally making a dent and progress can actually be seen now!

Thank you US, China, Ukraine, Germany, Russia, France, UK, New Zealand, Vietnam and others for taking the time to visit and support my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My new goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by December for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things, Hoarder Rehab and VintageToGoEasy!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my new goal.


Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 210 items, The Destiny of Things- 200 items , VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 189 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Some coffins to match the skull erasers!  available here  

Related Stories:
 
1.   The Destiny of Things:  Day of the Dead Calavera Skull Beads, Story V :  some skull beads of mine used in a Day of the Dead wedding cake topper!
 
2.  A Day of the Dead Party to honor ancestors, instead of the annual Halloween birthday gross out party:  Cross Nicho Day of the Dead Party Ofrenda:  The Destiny of Things, Story #126
 
 
 
5.  UPDATE:  In the Tree House for Halloween Scary Stories, The Destiny of Things, Story #124 :  a tree house built just for some Halloween spooky fun!
 

 
Most Read Story of All Time My Louis Vuitton Collection: the end of my collection is the beginning for someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things! 

"Art is the elimination of the unnecessary." ---Pablo Picasso
  

No comments:

Post a Comment