Monday, October 27, 2014

Intestine Gum Transplant Container and 30 Coroner Tag Stickers: The Destiny of Things, Story 254

Intestine Gum Transplant Container and 30 Coroner Tag Stickers: The Destiny of Things, Story 254

I love these mini organ transplant gum containers!

This gum expired April 2014, but if you'd like them for the containers
Let me know because I found more in my own stash!

I bought these for the containers and gave away the gum before it expired.  I used mine to hold homemade  hand sanitizer gel, but these don't close tight enough, so I only use mine for the night stand, kitchen nook and desk.  It leaks for travel use.

Organic Hand Sanitizer Recipe:

1/4 cup Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly

one splash of Humphrey's Organic Witch Hazel

5-10 drops of tea tree and lavender oil, I used a half of splash of Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Antiseptic Solution that has soothing lavender already in it.  It's not certified organic, but it didn't give me a reaction, even over time.

Mix all with your finger in a small glass container.  Mine turned a pearled moonstone color.

It smells surprisingly good and feels creamy soft without lotion residue gunky feeling.  I might add a dab of organic coconut oil and see if it works as a daily lotion.

I keep the main mixed batch in a glass jar and put some in the mini transplant containers to leave around the house.

This gum expired April 2014, but if you'd like them for the containers
Let me know because I found more in my own stash!

Here is the email I received:

Oh no, those blood bags were perfect! :) His theme is Zombies inspired by the Michael Jackson Thriller video. We will be doing a Zombie walk etc. I was looking to add the bags as decoration on the candy/treat table that I want to match his theme.

How cool is that!  A Michael Jackson zombie themed party with the zombie walk!  Listen and relive Thriller on Youtube, here

The blood bags sold out quickly and were quite popular.  Several others have requested them too.

Blood bags, SOLD OUT
Coroner drink toe tags, available here, Coroner name tag stickers here

Saying Goodbye:  I am moving away from my love of novelty fun items and moving towards vintage millinery and textiles.  I have been collecting vintage fabric and Japanese textiles all my life.  I suspect the millinery has to do with my Grandmother.  I was just a teeny tot when she went to florist school and ended up with all her supplies.

And as a child, I remember helping my Dad choose corsages for my Grandmother's and Mom for special occasions, like birthdays, Mother's day and weddings.

Coroner name tag stickers, available here

What I Learned:

1.  Again it seems I have a lot more ideas about what I am going to do with many of my collections, rather than what I actually do with them.
2.  It seems I overbuy for parties and art projects, which I suppose is okay because I'd rather have a few extra, rather than someone feeling left out, which probably comes from my past teaching days.

I do seem to need a surplus to create for reasons I haven't figured out yet.

3.  I have not been well lately and it seems that my health issues tend to allow for more online window shopping time, since I'm supposed to be resting and I'm a little concerned what will happen with this year's winter holiday stress with my huge wish list building up.  

I am also supposed to be spending less time on the computer and more time taking care of myself, so I've been weaning myself slowly and preparing myself with a different "to do" list, getting more sun, doing gentle yoga and art projects.

Coroner drink toe tags, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Thank you kind Etsy buyer for letting me know about your themed birthday party for your son!  It's helped me to see how my novelty fun collection gets out of hand!  And how some containers might look fun, but aren't really that practical.  And buying in bulk probably isn't the best thing for a recovering hoarder to do!

Thank you Etsy for being the best Hoarder Rehab outlet ever!

Thank you US, Poland, China, UK, Australia, Canada and many others taking part in my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My new goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by December for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things, Hoarder Rehab and VintageToGoEasy!  I will continue to add new listings next week or if I feel better this week.

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 200 items, The Destiny of Things- 201 items , VintageToGoEasy - 201 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 183 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 plastic zombie props, leg available here, meat tray hand here

Related Stories:


2.  Syringe Pen for Dexter Theme Party and making fake edible blood, here

Have a couple of these around for party guests to fill out their drink or name tags!
 Retro Vintage style syringe pen in red with red ink here
Retro syringe pens in green, blue and yellow with black ink, here

"Logic will get you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ---Albert Einstein
 

No comments:

Post a Comment