Monday, October 20, 2014

Tooth Saver Locket Necklaces: The Destiny of Things, Story 253

Tooth Saver Locket Necklaces:  The Destiny of Things, Story 253

All I want for Halloween is my two front teeth!  Past memories making new ones!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
tooth locket necklaces in red, green or pink available here

I received the cutest note:

LOVE these! My daughter is wearing hers all the time hoping a tooth will fall out soon! 

It's little note like these that put a smile on my face and take me back to a time when little trinkets like these meant so much that I never ever took mine off either or used them until they fell apart!

My students would do the same!  They wore them day and night until the tooth locket's little hinge broke and even then they'd keep them in their pockets.

I can just imagine her daughter running around with her tooth necklace on wiggling her tooth knowing that when it falls out she won't lose it because she has a tooth saver ready!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
tooth locket necklaces in red, green or pink available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these now, but my first hundred were left over from my teaching days and have long gone.   I have mine saved in mind for my mixed media art!

What I Learned:

1.  I've loved these since our dentist used to give them when he stopped giving candy for making it through an appointment.  Once I started teaching, I gave them to my students whenever a tooth fell out for safe keeping and to everyone during National Dental Hygiene Week.

I don't remember when it was but when it arrived it came for teachers and students in a huge box with toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, chewable red tablets and a pamphlet in cartoon form with daily activities for a week on how to properly brush, floss and nutritionally take care of your teeth.  It was so fun!

At the beginning of the week, I'd give these tooth locket necklaces and at the end of the week, I'd give the tooth saver treasure chests.  Many would hang both on their necklaces too!  One of our biggest classroom debates was over the tooth fairy!  What memories...

pirate tooth saver treasure chests available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for bringing such good old day memories and so nice to hear some new memories are in the making!  I hope someone has a toothless grin soon and a tiny tooth in their tooth necklace while singing, "all I want for Halloween is my two front teeth!"

Thank you Etsy for helping me connect to some wonderful people who enjoy the same childhood trinkets as I do!

Thank you US, China, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Pakistan, Ukraine and many others taking part in my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My new goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by December for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things, Hoarder Rehab and VintageToGoEasy!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my new goal.

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 207 items, The Destiny of Things- 202 items , VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 190 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 In amounts of 24 to 30 for classroom gifts to teachers or school nurses, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 
 eco friendly no toothpaste toothbrush twig stick, available here
 photo via Hoarder Rehab 

"In the end only three things matter:  how much you loved, how gently you lived and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." ---Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment