Monday, June 13, 2016

Baby Block Mini ABC Alphabet Rubber Stamp Fun: The Destiny of Things, Story 388

Baby Block Mini ABC Alphabet Rubber Stamp Fun:  The Destiny of Things, Story 388

An Etsy buyer and shop owner is using these with her grand kids!

Choose a font:  30 mini alphabet wooden rubber stamp set, available here
 
She chose the Baby Block font, which is seen above next to the blue 1.  Here is her idea:
 
Note from Buyer: Hiya Kennedy! This will be fun to use with my grand kids to start spelling exercises. Hope all is well. 
 
What a fun way to get motivated for spelling activities, especially if one is a tactile learner.  I used some like these in the classroom for spelling, writing short notes and I even had some with words and pictures, so one could stamp out a story!
 
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see them all having fun stamping out spelling words using these or playing hangman with them!  Would have loved to see the final products too of all the stamping fun!

Choose a font:  30 mini alphabet wooden rubber stamp set, available here
 
Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these put aside and usually use them to make stickers that say, "hi" or "to" and then use those stickers to close up packaged orders for shipping out.
 
 These are brand new and are in sealed packaging, once you take the stamps out you have to carefully take them apart.
Choose a font:  30 mini alphabet wooden rubber stamp set, available here
 
What I Learned:
 
1.  I have a growing rubber stamp collection!  It's not quite a hoard yet, or is it?  It all fits in a filing box, but it is starting to overflow because I seem to have taken out my favorites and most used and keep them out separately.  Uh oh....

2.  I have found that I mostly use my stamps to create stickers and labels to use to package up our orders and get them ready for shipping.  After using them for a couple of months I get tired of using them and look for something new to use!  Yikes!  As a recovering hoarder, is that good or bad?

Here is my current stamping creations for shipping label closures.
Wooden animal figurine rubber stampers: elephant, pony, rabbit or squirrel, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
 
3.  I'll have to take a photo of my rubber stamp collection because that seems to be the only way for me to actually be able to "really" see or fully acknowledge if I have too much stuff.  I know, as a recovering hoarder, my sense of spatial relationships are impaired.  That last sentence sounds funny to me.
 
4.  Here is the latest stamp I purchased to make labels for shipping out packages.

I think this is going to look really cute to make sticker closures for gift wrapping.

5.  Oh my!  While I was searching for a photo of my latest stamp, I found another stamp I ordered for making sticker closures for shipping packages!  Yikes!
 
How do you know when you have too many of a collection? I could sure use some help in this area, like what are some good indicators of a hoard pile up coming!?  What does it look like in the beginning?  because I surely know what it looks like when it has sneaked attacked me!

I thought this stamp had the most lovely design and reminds me of an embroidery border.  It's not as practical for packaging sticker closures, as the button tie string one, but I just love the design!  I'll have to see how well this looks stamped.  I wish it said, "thank you" instead of "restaurant"!
 
Thank you Etsy buyer shop owner, Linda!!!!! for sending me your fun stamping idea in my "note to buyer."  Not only do I hope it brings you years of fun for you and your grand kids, but because it really has helped me today and in the future!  What a reminder that as a recovering hoarder I need keep myself in check with my hoard! 

It's so difficult for me to decide when enough is enough! 
 
Check out her Etsy shop, Laughing Pencil Art for fun and funny caricatures and more!  Like one of my favorites, this instant download coloring page for all ages, here.  A fine selection of fun and funny fruits and veggies, here.  I love her black and white selection here, I think she captures the moment in people's expressions so magically!

Lastly check out her process in her "About" page, here!  It's not only amazing, but entertaining!  And in on photo you can see her toy collection of 25 years and maybe you'll see some of the vintage toys she's given new lives to from me!  Thanks again Linda for everything!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 This is my most handy dandy and used packaging stamper!  I use it every Sunday, Tues and Thursday to get packaging letters ready for orders going out on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays! 
Mechanical rubber date stamper from 2016 to 2015, available here
 
I'm slowly coming out of my little rut and I'm relisting daily and hopefully will new list items TOMORROW!  I have found a new project to start and it seems to need a whole lot of laundry washing!  but that's okay, because it gives me time to think about how to cut the stuff up.  Surprise, surprises... only time will tell.
 
Does anyone "out there" know how to get the slight musty smell out of antique delicate fabrics?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 180 items, The Destiny of Things- 177 items, VintageToGoEasy - 181 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 176 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 I need to try out all 16 vintage animal stamp of mine soon.  These look like cuteness overload to me and super mini to make stickers! Available here.
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
3.  Saving time for a kindergarten teacher:  Teacher Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story #109  
 
 
 
 
7.  Mini ABC Alphabet Wooden Rubber Stamps Set:  The Destiny of Things, Story 349:  an Etsy buyer using them in a different way 
 
 
 
 I use these stamped stickers at least 3 times a week as gift bag closures for out going shipping packages, cute apple stampers, available here.
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
 
Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment