Friday, April 22, 2016

Mechanical Date Stamper 2016 for Mixed Media Art & Mini Signs: The Destiny of Things, Story 264 & 265

Mechanical Date Stamper 2016 for Mixed Media Art & Mini Signs:  The Destiny of Things, Story 264 & 265

Two stories about my favorite date stamper! One came with an update photo!

 Very handy mechanical date stamper 2016 to 2025, available here

Here is one note:

Thanks for the super quick shipping:) Will be using these to date my minis signs and to use in my mixed media work!! Thanks again!!!!

How fun to be used with mini signs and mixed media work!  I'd love to see her mini signs and/or her mixed media work.
 Very handy mechanical date stamper 2016 to 2025, available here

I especially like this handy date stamper because of the flat side on only one side handle, as seen above in the photo.  It helps prevent me from dating papers upside down without looking at the date which is backwards anyway.  Notice in the first photo the other side of the handle is rounded without the silver thumb shape on it, so it's easy to tell the difference quickly.

When I was a teacher, I used at least 4-5  of these stampers daily.  I kept one at my desk, I had one to pass out until students got used to putting their name and dates on all assignments and I had one for center use and for teacher helpers who either helped corrected papers or just checked for name and dates on them.

Oh and I kept one at home to use while grading papers and for record keeping!  Filling out field trip permission slips and any other administrative paper work that needed to be completed in triple forms.

Now I use mine almost daily, to be exact 4 times a week.   I use them to date packaging notes that go out with each Etsy shop order.  I also use them to date my art and for journal use.

Another Etsy buyer sent a note with an update photo:

Stamp is perfect for dating my art journal-shop owner even added a few fun items for journaling-which I haven't used yet. 

  photo via Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

How cool, is that?  I just love the pink color and design on her art journal page.  Every time I get a story about someone's art journal i get so inspired and start one too and I last a few days and I forget all about it!

I do have a journal started and I use my date stamper, but it's mainly about our feral cats that live in the backyard.  Let's see how long I last this time!

Saying Goodbye:  When I was a teacher and my date stamper expired, I almost had a heart attack because I spent several weekends looking for an affordable one and could not find anymore, not a single one, nada, nothing!  Later I finally did find some, but since I needed so many to use in the classroom, I couldn't afford 3-4 and had to settle for one.  It became very precious and so valuable that we had a date stamper monitor whose only task was to take good care of it!

 Very handy mechanical date stamper 2016 to 2025, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I used to give these away as stocking stuffers to other teacher friends because if you are a teacher you probably have experienced finding plenty of no name and dates while correcting stacks of papers!  Teacher helpers love to use these for filling out field trip permission slips before they go home.

2.  I am an "out of sight, out of mind" recovering hoarder!  If I put away my writing art journal away and don't leave it on my work or dining room table daily, I forget to use it!  I do well for about week using my journal daily and then right when I think I'm in a rhythm, I put it away and it's long forgotten.

It happens with a lot of my projects, so I end up with a hoard of them started!  I get bored of one project after a week or two and put it away for later and then I can't find it again because it gets lost in my hoard!

3.  I've been trying to devise a routine system, it's actually a shelf where I put my projects in clear take out boxes and stack them up, so I can see them easily and just grab one with all the stuff I was using inside it already.

4.  I have been becoming more organized now and I do have more free time for my art projects now that so much of my hoard has found new home and lives!  Now if only my allergies to so many things would go away.  I am making progress with my allergies, but it's not as easy or as quickly done as dehoarding.

Here is an example of using the stamper on my art.  This is the front:

 Front of Butterfly Meadows, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy buyers from JunkDrawerAndMore for sharing your stories and inspiring me to start my writing art journal again!  I'd love to see more of both your mixed media work and become even more inspired!

Thanks for helping me gain new insight about my hoarding ways! Projects that i put away and end up "out of sight, out of mind" also end up lost in my hoard! However, the silver lining is that as a recovering hoarder, I am organizing and devising a routine system to help me keep my on going projects in one spot and easily seen!

Lastly, thank you for the update photo of how well the date stamper is working for you!  Hopefully see you at the shops sooner, but if not at least in 9 years when you need a new one? lol Hopefully my hoard is all gone by then and I've changed my hoarding habits!
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 Example of how I use the date stamper on my art.
Back of Butterfly Meadows, available here
   photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

 
I'm still getting used to the new shop format that Etsy rolled out on April 5th.  The roll out didn't effect my shops until the 15th or so.  The past couple of days when I've tried relisting some items, they end up getting relisted to the very last spot of the last page at each shop!  Getting to that last page to edit is not as simple as it used to be because there are no more page numbers!

Using the new rearranging format is not as easy for me to use as the old one, so this weekend I'll need to spend some time figuring out the "custom listing" format.  I need a manual!  Better yet, lessons!
 
I'm not keeping up with new listings daily and weekly, but hopefully will get back to my old Etsy routine after I figure out the new shop edit formats!  193 seems to be my magic number today!  I didn't plan that!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 193 items, The Destiny of Things- 189 items, VintageToGoEasy - 193 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 193 items 
  
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 I must have been going through a butterfly stage last year!
And it seems I stopped using the date stamper to date my washi tape art too!
Front of Butterflies and Bows, available here
Related Stories:

1.  With 3 photos of her art journal!  Journal Artist Mechanical Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story 336 
 I am an official stamp-a-holic and love to see how well the stamp works before I order one, usually it's not possible.... so at my shops, especially at JunkDrawerAndMore  I do my best to show how well the stamps works with examples.  Last week I had fun stamping my little heart out and will be listing the stamping examples with the stamps on sale at JunkDrawerAndMore 
as soon as I learn how to use the new shop editing formats.
Back of Butterflies and Bows, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

"Be curious, not judgmental." ---Walt Whitman

Happy Friday!  Thank you for stopping bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment