Monday, April 4, 2016

True Vintage Monkey Baby Shower Tiara: The Destiny of Things, Story 354

True Vintage Monkey Baby Shower Tiara:  The Destiny of Things, Story 354

Etsy buyers are so creative, someone made a tiara with these!

True vintage monkey cocktail zoo piks marked 1961, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Here is the note I received:

I remember these from my youth and needed a pair for a year-of-the-monkey baby shower tiara I was making for a new mom-to-be friend of mine. They arrived quickly and in good shape. The tiara was a hit. 

I would have loved to be a fly on one of those monkeys, just to see the Year of the Monkey baby shower tiara welcome the new baby and new mother!  How fun and so creative the tiara was a hit!  I so wonder what it looked like.....

Sorry, not a very good close up photo, but you get the idea that these can hang by their tails or legs.  Originally cocktail drink hangers to decorate your drink, but Etsy buyers use them in all kinds of other creative ways, like cupcake toppers for Curious George themed parties, plant jewelry to add a pop of color to planters and jungle plants, available here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  I have a huge collection of these, mainly vintage.  I've been collecting them for years in all different colors and animals, but don't really find many vintage ones anymore or if I do they cost a dollar or more each! 

These are TRUE vintage because they are actually marked with 1961 Zoo piks pat. pend.  In my collection, I also have some that are marked, made in Hong Kong.  Choose your TRUE vintage in amounts and colors, here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  Many aren't particular about ordering TRUE vintage vs the new retro vintage style drink toppers, but occasionally I get a few who want authentic vintage ones.  This Etsy buyer wanted true vintage.  I can't really tell the difference, except the retro new ones do not come in the gray color or brown.

2,  I like both the TRUE vintage and the retro vintage new style because the colors in the retro style come in neon colors!  They add a pop of color to almost anything!

Here's some in neon candy red and lime green.  If you need a hoard of these, as in 50 to 100, they are available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

3.  What another nice surprise because I would have never thought that these would become so popular at our shops!

4.  I have very fond childhood memories of waiting for my Shirley Temple to arrive and wondering if I'd get a paper umbrella, a mermaid or other animal figurine.  I would always wish for a mermaid!  Then we'd play with them til their tails and limbs broke off!

How about a mermaid tiara!  Mermaid drink or cake toppers or DIY tiara, 
available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

5.  I recently encountered some Etsy drama and it was quite shocking, painful and sad, but the the silver lining is that it reset my priorities and New Year's Resolutions.  For example, I'll be spending more time working on my other dehoarding goals, like organizing the music art room and trying out other alternatives to hoarding like art and mending. 

It also dredged up some old feeling from high school cliques and other childhood experiences, so I can work on resolving, accepting and letting go of those negative experiences and feelings too.  And surprisingly enough, the stress and sadness didn't take me for an automatic tail diving spin into my old habits of hoarding through retail therapy!

Instead of retail therapy, I took some time to sit with my feelings and sort them out and let them go with lots of forgiving of myself and others.

6.  Plus I've been busy framing and arranging all my hoard from falling off the Lent Wagon when I went shopping for a mattress cover and ended up with tons of wall decor instead!  I hope to take photo and post about it soon.

An animal kingdom tiara, anyone?  6 assorted animal mix drink or cake toppers, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy buyer from  VintageToGoEasy for sharing your creative and fun tiara idea on how to use the TRUE vintage monkey zoo piks.  I would have never thought they'd end up as a crown at a baby shower!  Too cool!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the globe who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 Here is a crown someone can upcycle it and make it more fancy!  Available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
I've been keeping up with adding new listings when each shop sells an item, but I am still adjusting to daylight savings time and my insomnia is residing, but still here.
 
Hopefully the silver lining to lack of sleep motivates me to get up at 3 am because that seems to be about the only healthy solution to cure my insomnia.  Still having difficulties getting up before 5 am!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 195 items, The Destiny of Things- 188 items, VintageToGoEasy - 201 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 194 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Large mix of all the different animals and mermaids in 24 or 48 here
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
 
Related Stories:  Hope you find some ideas and inspiration!
 
 
 
 
 
5.  An Etsy buyer had her mermaid drink charm for over 50 years, read her story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment