Wednesday, April 6, 2016

DIY Chocolate Cigars & Vintage Cigar Band Sticker Labels: The Destiny of Things, Story 355

DIY Chocolate Cigars & Vintage Cigar Band Sticker Labels:  The Destiny of Things, Story 355

So creative, so fun, so delicious!  An Etsy buyer made 60 of them with these!

10 or 20+ vintage cigar sticker labels, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

She shared that she was making them with Twix and Rolos!  Of course, I wonder what they looked like, but I'm sure they came out delicious!  I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that party and wonder if it was for a baby shower.  What do you think?

Some, but not all of these are gummed on the back to hold on a wrapped cigar
10 or 20+ vintage cigar sticker labels, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these and don't quite know why I love these so much, except that my Grandfather and Great Uncle were both cigar smokers and I grew up with them smoking them.

I still love the smell of cigars and as a child remember the smell of leather, cigars and an ocean breeze while I fell asleep on their sofa under my Grandmother's comfy black and bright colored crocheted Grannie blanket for nap time. 

I'd love to find mini stickers like these, but angels and religious saints!
Other vintage stickers from the 90s, very mini, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I've loved any kind of stickers since I as kid and have always wanted my own sticker machine!  I have so many ideas for stickers I'd love to make, like my own fortune cookie fortune stickers. However, I seem to love them so much that sometimes I can't part with them!  Learning to let go, isn't always easy for me, as a recovering hoarder!  Stickerholic hoarder!

2.  I bought these cigar sticker labels for my mixed media art.  At the time, I probably had an idea for how I was going to use them, but now I don't remember, which seems to be an going issue with me, as a recovering hoarder.  All I can remember is they remind me of little Lucha Libre belts!

3.  I have quite the extensive collection of incense, which I use to use daily for meditation and clearing the air and welcoming guests when they arrive, but I am allergic to most incense now, so I do use these cigar bands to hold a bunch together when I give them away as gifts.

I have quite the collection of vintage stickers and stationery.  I can part with some of my stickers, but not my vintage 70s Japanese stationery.
Sticker "I heart my book" bookplates, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from  VintageToGoEasy for sharing your creative, fun and delicious idea on how to use these vintage cigar label stickers.  If I weren't allergic to conventional chocolate I'd be having a Twix cigar!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the globe who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 Vintage Patriotic US Flag stickers, made Taiwan, available here

I've been keeping up with adding new listings when each shop sells an item.
 
I'm still inspired from last week's post here, to make some "Under the Sea" themed loteria art cards  and will be making them tomorrow, knock on wood!  Hope to share them next week!  And I hope art sticks as my alternative to hoarding!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 195 items, The Destiny of Things- 188 items, VintageToGoEasy - 201 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 194 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 I love any kind of Sanrio stickers!  Snoopy stickers too!
20+ Hello Kitty stickers, available here
 
Related Sticker Stories:
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Happy Wednesday!  See you on Friday!  Onwards and Upwards!  Thanks for stopping bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment