Wednesday, April 13, 2016

50 Mini Tulle Tutu Ballerinas Cake Topper Party: The Destiny of Things, Story 359

50 Mini Tulle Tutu Ballerinas Cake Topper Party! The Destiny of Things, Story 359

An Etsy buyer bought 50+ of these for her party!

Mini ballerinas with real hand sewn tutus, available here

I wonder if they are going to decorate a cake or cupcakes....  I would love to see how all of these are going to be used to dress up her ballerina party!

Mini ballerinas with real hand sewn tutus, available here

Most people just order 1 or 2 to replace their ballerina for their childhood jewelry or music box.  They are vintage, but I'm not sure of their age, since some Etsy buyers have told me it's for their jewelry or music box from the 60s all the way to the 90s.

However, since they have a hole on the bottom that fits a rounded toothpick, I thought someone could also use them for cupcake or cake toppers!  And they have!

Mini ballerinas with real hand sewn tutus, available here
 
Saying Goodbye:  I keep digging into my own stash for orders, so I'm definitely going to have to put my stash aside and not let them go!  I bought these for my mixed media art, but haven't even had a chance to try them out

What I Learned:

1.  I just love the details on these cuties!  These mini ballerinas have gold hair, gold ballet shoes, gold body suits, a bit of red lipstick, little dots for eyes and real hand sewn tulle tutus!  Someone has carefully cute out each tutu and sewed them on with gathers!  And someone must have hand painted each one too!

2.  Even though they all look about the same, what I like about these is each one still has it's own personality since they are hand painted and hand sewn.
 
3.  I've seen them on all different kinds of jewelry and music boxes with broken arms, snapped off at the legs, missing tutus and even headless. So many ballerinas didn't make it past childhood, but now can be whole again!

4.  I would have never known that these would be so popular at our shops and will put away my own stash today.  I learned my lesson with our mini gold guns, I kept going into my stash for the machine guns and rifles and now I only have a few for myself!

 Another popular item, I have my own stash tucked away now.
10 or 25 mini gold guns, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for the request of so many of these for your party!  I'm sure you'll the best party with these little ballerina cuties!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  

I'm not sure which one is more popular, these James Bond guns in gold or the tutu ballerinas.  James Bond guns in gold, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
 
I have returned to mending as an alternative to hoarding and have been having a blast experimenting with the best way to mend.  For some reason, I really enjoy seeing how the mending and patches hold up and love to watch them disintegrate and unravel,  even though it takes me so much time to remend them.  I can't seem to figure out why.
 
It's on my list to take photos of all my mending this weekend, so I hope to blog about it next week.
 
I'm keeping up with new listings daily and weekly, but would much rather mend now!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 190 items, The Destiny of Things- 193 items, VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 196 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 As you can see here, many of the tulle tutus have a mind of their own.  I got mine to stay down by putting the tutus down with a cloth on top and then a light book over them.  Anyone else have any ideas?
Mini ballerinas with real hand sewn tutus, available here
 
Related Stories:  Other replacement stories from Etsy buyers

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 A kind Etsy buyers sent me a photo of the mini ballerina in her jewelry music box she's refurbishing from her childhood, see before and after photos here.
 
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins from Still Life with Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment