Friday, April 1, 2016

James Bond Guns for Black Tie Dinner Party! The Destiny of Things, Story 353

James Bond Guns for Black Tie Dinner Party!  The Destiny of Things, Story 353

How fun, would love to see these in action!

10 mini gold James Bond guns, available here

Here is the sentence I received:

Perfect for decorating my table for a James Bond black tie dinner party!  

Of course, I would have loved to have been a fly (wearing my black tie!) on the wall at the party just to see how these were used in action as table decor!  They are really cute!

 That's who we use them in action around our house!
10 mini gold James Bond guns, available here

Saying Goodbye:  These are one of our most popular items!  We can not keep them in stock and they are becoming more and more difficult to find in either gold or silver!  I only have a few of these stashed away for myself.

I was being goofy and wrote out 007 with the silver ones.
For unknown reasons, the silver ones aren't as popular, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

What I Learned:

1.  Some of my most favorite hoarded childhood items have become very popular at our Etsy shops!  Whenever my we had these guns, I remember my brother and I playing shoot em up for hours, either while traveling on a long car ride, watching television or playing in the mud with his army men. 

2.  I didn't have a favorite gun as a kid because we were just lucky to have them.  I loved mine because starting from childhood, I loved anything miniature.  I think they came on necklaces from the dime store.

3.  I've been collecting these to use in my mixed media art, but I keep letting my stash go.  I've been keeping the more rare ones that are metal, but I think soon we will run out of these because we don't find them often anymore.  Oh well.

4.  Also, they are not making these as well as they used to.  There are bits around some guns that needs to trimmed off and other little doodads that look like little mini bullets that needed to be twisted off.  I used to make them look better by trimming and removing the doodads, but now they sell out so fast I don't bother.

5.  I used to love hoarding this kind of stuff and still do, but not as madly.  Luckily, they are very mini and stay organized in recycled spice jars and egg cartons.

This gun mix sells out fast too, especially the 25 lot amount.  It has the Peaky Blinders and Walking Dead gun and what look like to me Star Wars guns, but not the James Bond Baretta or PPK guns, available here in 10 or 25.
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore sharing your fun idea on how to use the James Bond guns.  I would have never thought they'd end up in such a formal setting!  

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 Here's what they look like in silver, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
 
This week's goal was to make more art, like patches or blog posting more often to catch up on my back log, but instead I've been sleeping in trying to ward of the beginning of a cold.

However, I am still so inspired from one of this week's postings, Under the Sea Wedding Party Mermaid Drink Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 351 and have plenty ideas in mind for some "Under the Sea" loteria art cards!  Maybe this weekend!

 10 Walking Dead Rick Grime's mini gold Colt Python guns, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
 
I've been keeping up with adding new listings when each shop sells an item, but daylight savings time has thrown off my sleep and my insomnia has returned and my body is still adjusting to it.
 
Hopefully the silver lining to lack of sleep motivates me to get up at 3 am because that seems to be about the only healthy solution to cure my insomnia.
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 194 items, The Destiny of Things- 189 items, VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 196 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 These are the larger rockabilly guns, we used to have thousands of them and sold them in 100 count, but we have less now, sold in 24 count, available here

Related Stories:
 
 
 
3.  From the mosaic artist:  Mini Gold Toy Prize Trinket Guns:  The Destiny of Things, Story 270    I think she might have bought 70, which at the time was all we had and my destash left too!
 
 

I love this blue gun pencil sharpener and hope I can let it go, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins from his novel, "Still Life with Woodpecker" 
 
 This shows my mini gun collection, the rifles and machine guns are the metal ones with some paper targets I've collected for mixed media art, small paper targets, availble here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
This is a little off topic, but these targets look really good framed and when I fell off the Lent Wagon and bought stuff, I bought about 6 different float like frames, which I collect for my art.  I hope to share all the stuff I bought next week and as a recovering hoarder, see what kind of insight I get out of it!
 
 Hope these frames motivate me to make more art!

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment