Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Little Mermaid Terrarium Birthday Party Activity: The Destiny of Things, Story 362

Little Mermaid Terrarium Birthday Party Activity:  The Destiny of Things, Story 362

What a fun "make and take" birthday party favor activity! 

4 to 8 Little Mermaid cake or drink or terrarium toppers, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the email from one lucky kid's mom!

Awesome!!!  Great!!!
My kid is turning 5 and wants a Mermaid themed party. I am using them to make terrariums with this kids with succulents. Wish me luck!

So fun and what a great idea for some little ones to learn about plants and taking care of them and get their hands dirty!  The little mermaids would definitely add a pop of color to the succulents.

I would have loved to see what creative things little 5 year old's did to make their terrariums special.  I loved making terrariums and hanging basket flowers as a kid and should have put some of these in mine!

Also I loved "make and take" activity birthday and sleep over parties as a kid!
25+ Little mini mermaid toppers for succulent terrariums, cakes and drinks, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Etsy buyers are so creative with these!  Originally and traditionally used for cocktail drinks and as a kid, I loved to have one with my Shirley Temple and cherry!  But Etsy buyers have shared they use them for cake and cupcake toppers for Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Day of the Dead, Bohemian Beach, La Sirena theme, Pirates and Mermaids, Bon Voyage Nautical themes and more!

Some use them on light tables for kid's toys and even for plant jewelry!

Ursala-tinis for the adults and Mermaid potion for the kids!
50 or 100 Little Mermaids, available here
Photo via Hoarder Rehab 

Saying Goodbye:  I've been collecting cocktail charm toppers for many years now and started letting go of my vintage surplus of mini mermaids on our shops.  They have become very popular and now I mix in my vintage ones with the new retro style ones.  My favorite ones are the pink and light blue and they are very difficult to find.

 4 to 8+ monkey cake, drink or terrarium toppers, available here

What I Learned:

1.  Etsy buyers are so creative and are always coming up with new and fun ways to use these!  I wonder what will be next!

2.  I use them around the house as plant jewelry ever since an Etsy buyers told me about hers and I use them around the house to add a pop of color to some of my art.

Wow, the little Jacaranda tree has grown at least twice it's size in less than a year!
 4 to 8+ monkey cake, drink, plant jewelry or terrarium toppers, available here

3.  I've been doing a little spring cleaning and started to clear out last years calendar planner and add information from last year to this years calendar and found a long list of blog stories from Etsy buyers!  So much to learn about my hoarding ways!

4.  I suspect I have a huge back logged hoard of blog stories from all the shops in emails because yesterday I was looking for a particular story I wanted to share and I could not find it because as a recovering hoarder, I can not "yet" delete any emails unless they are spam.  

I swam through so many emails yesterday looking for it!  And found so many other stories and that was just from one shop!  i wonder how many more are at the three other shops!

The silver lining?  Even though, as a recoverint hoarder, I could not "delete" any emails, I did start organizing them in different folders.

5.  Learning to take baby steps to change my hoarding ways.  One day I hope to be able to delete emails, perhaps even full unneccessary email folders in the near future.

6 assorted animal figurine cake, drink, terrarium toppers, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for sharing your Little Mermaid birthday party activity idea through an email note.  I bet everyone had fun making them!  Your story gave me insight into mine, who knew I hoarded emails!  
 
Thanks for helping me learn new things about myself and helping me unfold the mysteries of my hoarding ways and to figure out how to break my hoarding habit chains!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

24 or 48 mixed animals and mermaid toppers, available here

I continue to experiment with mending as an alternative to hoarding and have been having a blast experimenting with the best way to mend.  We took photos of what I've been mending last weekend, so hopefully I'll have time to write a post about it on Thursday.
 
As soon as I'm done writing this post, my reward is to get right to mending some shorts because the weather went from rainy to summer hot over here!  Remember in the old days when holes in our kid's clothes were noted as "extra air conditioning!"
 
The new shop format that Etsy rolled out on April 5th is taking some time for me to adjust and figure out how to use efficiently.  I've spent a lot of time changing with the times and it's not easy for me because it seems as soon as soon as I learn and get used to aspects of computer technology, it changes and I'm back to square one!
 
I'm keeping up with new listings daily and weekly, but would much rather mend now!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 193 items, The Destiny of Things- 194 items, VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 194 items 
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 I usually have a neon lime green monkey in the opposite lower corner of this piece of art, but have no idea where the little monkey is hiding out now.  Photo via Buying and Hanging Wall Art:  Hoarder Rehab Inspiration or Desperation, Story 21

Related Stories:

1.  If you are a die hard for all "true" vintage cocktail toppers:  True Vintage Monkey Baby Shower Tiara:  The Destiny of Things, Story 354   






7.  An Etsy buyer had her mermaid drink charm for over 50 years, read her story here.  I think this was one of my first stories about these little mermaids.

I love interactive art!  Most likely because as a recovering hoarder, it's very difficult for me to decide where to place things!  For example, I like the little yellow mermaid perched on top of the crown, but it also looks good perched on one of the wings!

Angel wing crowned heart nicho with La Sirena mermaid interactive art that you can move around to your own liking.  Also there is a fixed piece of loteria art that one can switch out when the seasons change and is the one shown inside it, available here 
Photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
Thank you for your support by taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment