Monday, March 28, 2016

Under the Sea Wedding Party Mermaid Drink Toppers: The Destiny of Things, Story 351

Under the Sea Wedding Party Mermaid Drink Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 351

Drink or cake toppers?  Traditionally used for cocktail drinks and Shirley Temples!

 
Choose an amount:  30, 50, 75 or 100 mini Little Mermaid drink or cake toppers, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here's the little note I received and a photo too!

My under the sea themed wedding could not be complete without a personal mermaid on everyone's cups. So happy with the product. 

How fun!  Everyone is going to have their own little personal mermaid at her "under the sea" themed wedding!

 Choose an amount:  30, 50, 75 or 100 mini Little Mermaid drink or cake toppers, available here.  
Photo via Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own collection of these, many of them vintage and am trying to find them all in different colors.  So far other colors I have are pink, orange, red, neon colors and an aqua blue.  True pink is very difficult to find and finding vintage ones are even more difficult it seems.


Choose an amount:  30, 50, 75 or 100 mini Little Mermaid drink or cake toppers, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

What I Learned:

1.  Now these have become very popular sellers at our Etsy shops, so I am happy others are having just as much fun with them as I am.  I hope they bring back nostalgic memories for many as they do for me and make new memories as well for the next generation!

Would you use them as drink or cupcake toppers or both?

2.  I would have never thought my favorite childhood things would become so popular at our Etsy shops!  I've been collecting these cocktail drink toppers for many years and most of mine are vintage and I am collecting them in all different colors.  Some of the harder to find colors are true pink, red, orange, neon green and aqua blue.

I've been using them in my mixed media art, especially with my Mexican folk art using loteria cards and nichos since the 1980 and 90s.  My newer pieces I'd like to make more interactive, so others can enjoy rearranging the pieces to their liking or with each season. 

It comes with one interactive piece of art that one can move around, add your own mementos and arrange as they please and one is fixed, so you can switch it out when you want to see something different or perhaps it will inspire you to make different ones for the next season.

Here is one of my newer interactive pieces below:

Angel wing crowned heart nicho with La Sirena mermaid interactive art.  The fixed piece of loteria art is the one shown inside it, available here 
Photo via Hoarder Rehab

3.  I used to have an entire collection of these in all different sizes, many very large that I had been collecting since the 80s and had them all hung in my hallway wall, but since I've become allergic to so many things, mainly dust, I sold many of the pieces to have less things to collect dust.  Most of those pieces have sold.

4.  I also hung them around my front door, like a garland.  It looked very festive.  I have pix of them somewhere in my hoard, I think.  One day I hope to find them again.

Here is a mini sample of what my hallway wall looked like:

I had at least 12 huge nichos like these mixed in with 10 to 15 smaller ones, some I had made during my Mexican Religious Folk Art years and many were collected and given to me as gifts.  The moon is still available here and the angel wings with evil eye protector is available here

4.  I do miss my hallway wall nicho and door way collection, but don't miss the dust or the dusting and cleaning maintenance of them, so now I just make loteria art as an alternative to collective hoarding and find them new homes.

5.  I sure got off topic today!  I am having a difficult time today with allergies because I opened what I thought was an empty bottle of perfume to list on one of the shops and it was full!  It's been hours, but it's too cold to open a window.  I am itching, buzzing and have a headache, but I'm still moving forward!

With this interactive interchangeable loteria nicho art, the little mermaid or sirena can catch a ride on the wing as seen and available here 
Photo via Hoarder Rehab

or it can be moved and become part of the sacred heart nicho crown, as seen below:

 There she reminds me of a figurehead like the prow of a ship, as if steering it or you away from harm, sickness, danger and offering protection from evil forces.
Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for sending a note to buyer and positive feedback letting me know what kind of new lives and homes these will be having!
 
And thank you for the update photo and Congratulations and Best wishes to you and yours on your wedding day and hope these bring back nostalgic memories and make many new ones too!

Also for sparking the idea to make some "under the sea" loteria art cards!  So fun!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 Framed la mano loteria art in an evil eye protection nicho, available here
Photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
This week's goal is making more art, like patches I use in mending my old clothes and socks.  And I'm experimenting to see if I can use art as an alternative to hoarding.  
 
Also I'm experimenting how these patches will look because I can never decide if I should put the patches on the inside or outside of the spot that needs mendings.

Writing this post and getting inspired by an "under the sea" wedding has also inspired me to make some "Under the Sea" loteria art cards!

I've been keeping up with adding new listings when each shop sells an item, but daylight savings time has thrown off my sleep and my insomnia has returned and I have been making more time daily to try art, instead of window shopping!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 194 items, The Destiny of Things- 191 items, VintageToGoEasy - 199 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 195 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Loteria art cards I made in mind for Mother's day!  Crowned queen for the day with flowers and Lady Luck! available here

Related Stories:  
 
 
2.  Underwater Birthday Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 161 with update photos of a cool octopus cake!
 
3.  An Etsy buyer had her mermaid drink charm for over 50 years, read her story here.
 
 
 Music themed loteria art cards for the musician in your life, available here
 
"The good you today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway." ---excerpt from Mother Teresa's "Anyway" poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment