Friday, March 18, 2016

Chenille Easter Chicks: The Destiny of Things, Story 348

Chenille Easter Chicks:  The Destiny of Things, Story 348

Bringing back nostalgic memories and making new ones!

Chenille chicks in gumball capsules, available here

Here is the lovely short note I recieved:

Thanks for the safe and sound delivery of my little Easter chicks. Too cute! I'll be using them to decorate an Easter tree. They will also add some fun to my vintage Easter planters. "Eggsactly" what I wanted!  

Chenille chicks in gumball capsules, available here

What a fun note!  Made my day and put a happy smile on my face!  Eggsactly!  Of course, I'd love to be a fly on the Easter tree and buzz around and see these cute chicks decorating the planters too!

I love the four different colors and put mine around the house during spring, especially on my framed art.  Personally, I like the ones that got crushed accidentally.  They have so much more character and each has their own unique personalities.  I'll take a photo this weekend.

Last year I used them in Easter baskets.  I think they'd also be great in a spring or summer pinata.  I love the way they look in the gumball capsules and it does protect them from accidental crushing!  

And later, it's a fun and simple way to store them for next year!  Fits right into my junk drawer and I like seeing and hearing them roll around!

Chenille chicks in gumball capsules, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I send all the best ones to Etsy buyers and keep the damaged, squished and lop sided ones for myself and use them to add a touch of spring and fun around the house and my art.

Chenille chicks in gumball capsules, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I am so thankful that some of my favorite hoarded things have become popular items at our Etsy shops!

2.  I love these chicks because they are so detailed and mini.  They have little black seed beads for eyes and orange plastic feet with a felt beak and little felt chicken wings too!  

3.  As a recovering hoarder, so many of the things I love and hoard have a mystery locked inside them and many of them of them are memories or feelings or both.  So now I try to make new memories as well as remember and honor the old ones, bad and good.  So many childhood smiles from getting one from an Easter egg hunt and taking it everywhere with me until I lost it.

Which memories will you honor today?

Choose an amount:  4, 8 or 12 chenille chicks in gumball capsules, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for sending your fun and funny note and giving me ideas for other ways to use these little guys, like an Easter tree and planter fun!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 If you want to add your own things to empty gumball capsules, here they are in pastel colors which are very difficult for me to find, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 
  
My new goal is making more art to see if it can fill the void for hoarding  Last time, I made loteria art cards which are now listed at each shop. This week, I've been working on some embroidery patches and will be listing them soon too!  And I think I'll be gluing some wiggle eyes to these little guys to see how they look!
 
Also, I'll be adding new listings when each shop sells an item and it looks like there's some already!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 194 items, The Destiny of Things- 190 items, VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 195 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Choose an amount: 20, 25 or 30 empty gumball capsules, available here
 
Related Stories: 
 
 
 
Easter card series I made in the 80s
Titled:  Eggs in Fresh Cut Grass, print available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins from his novel, "Still Life with Woodpecker"

No comments:

Post a Comment