Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mini Ballerina Replacement for 80s Jewelry Music Box: The Destiny of Things, Story 350

Mini Ballerina Replacement for 80s Jewelry Box:  The Destiny of Things, Story 350

A story with photo updates!  Here is one of them!  How cool, is that?

Mini gold ballerina with hand sewn tutu for jewelry box replacement or cake toppers, available here
photo via Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

Here is the email I received:

Hello!

I just wanted to thank you so much for the mini ballerina dancer and your note with all the fun items that you included. (I like the American penny... we don't have pennies anymore in Canada) 

After a long search, I finally found it! Yes, I am using it for a vintage jewelry music box I received as a child from my mother. I am refurbishing it on the outside and the inside. Since it's a music box, it needs the ballerina otherwise what's the point.

I've attached some pics, please feel free to use them for your blog or product.

Thanks again.
All the best!

How exciting!  I am so happy her search is over and she found what she needed at one of our shops!  It must be a joy collecting and refurbishing and remembering all the good times with her ballerina jewelry music box!

Here is the other photo she sent:  The before of the broken ballerina....

Mini gold ballerina with hand sewn tutu for jewelry box replacement or cake toppers, available here
photo via Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

I guess they tend to break off at the legs!  It does seem to be an exact match!  The Etsy buyer is still looking for the mirror replacement, so if any one out there knows where to find those, please email me and I'll let her know!  Thanks in advance!

Mini gold ballerina with hand sewn tutu for jewelry box replacement or cake toppers, available here


Saying Goodbye:  I had my own stash of these, but the first and second batch sold out so fast and after they sold out I received several requests and I let my own stash go.  After this posting I'm going to go put my own stash safely away!

Mini gold ballerina with hand sewn tutu for jewelry box replacement or cake toppers, available here

What I Learned: 

1.  After seeing her before and after photos, now I wish I would have kept my musical ballerina box.  Mine was under a plastic dome and wasn't a jewelry box,  it only played music while the ballerina danced up and down.  I donated it during one of my ten year hoard purges and regret it!

2.  It's probably why I bought these in the first place!  I got them for my mixed media art, but honestly have no idea how I will use them in that manner.

3.  I've bought so many things for my mixed media art, but seem to need more room to lay things out.  I have been doing other art, like boro embroidery patches because mending clothes seem to calm my nerves.  Hopefully I'll get those listed next week.

Is everyone ready for Easter?

I love their gold details and appear to be hand painted with blue eyes and a dot of red lipstick and gold hair, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for sending your lovely encouraging and inspirational email because it's motivated me to work on all my little projects that I have here and there in boxes!

And I just love the photos of before and after and wish that you have a blast and many happy blasts from the past while finishing it's restoration!  I'd love to see the end results!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!

Mini gold ballerina with hand sewn tutu for jewelry box replacement or cake toppers, available here

This week's goal is making more art, like patches I use in mending my old clothes and socks.  And I'm experimenting to see if I can use art as an alternative to hoarding.  

However, I fell of the Lent Wagon last week!  For Lent I gave up sugar and buying anything not essential.  Unfortunately, before Lent we've been shopping for a new cotton mattress cover.  It's not so easy trying to find a cotton one these days!

Anyways, our is all ripped up and doesn't stay on the bed anymore, so when we went shopping for a new cotton one, which we finally did find, however I also found many float frames for my art that I just could not pass up!  (And I found some other stuff!)  So I mostly spent the week taking off all the sticker residue and trying different art and paper ephemera in them.  I hope to take photos this weekend.

I've been trying to keep up with adding new listings when each shop sells an item, but daylight savings time has thrown off my sleep and my insomnia has returned and I have been making more time daily to try art, instead of window shopping!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 194 items, The Destiny of Things- 190 items, VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 194 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Here are some of the boro embroidery patches I turned into little pin on jewelry for Mother's day last year, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:  Other replacement stories from Etsy buyers

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment