Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wiggle Eyes Color Mix: The Destiny of Things, Story 347

Wiggle Eyes Color Mix:  The Destiny of Things, Story 347

This story is more about insight of my hoarding ways!

 Color mix wiggle eyes: SOLD OUT
Black and white googly eyes, available here

Early last month, I received a short note about these fun eyes that for some unknown reason has stuck with me. 

It simply said:

"I have separated these into separate colors so that I have them right at hand when I need them!"

Color mix wiggle eyes: SOLD OUT
Black and white wiggle googly eyes, available here

So I put it on my blog list to write about and see where it takes me.  It's been stewing and brewing in the back of mind for weeks now.

Choose an amount:  black and white wiggle googly eyes, available here

Saying goodbye:  I have my own stash of these in black and white and in color and in various sizes.  I guess I would say I have quite the collection of them now! And they are separated by size and color!

Choose an amount:  black and white wiggle googly eyes, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I prefer the classic black and white googly eyes over the colored ones, but I do think the color ones would look great on the bunny rabbit stickers, as seen above, for Easter.

2.  I just love to sort and have since a child, it brings me comfort and perhaps as a recovering hoarder it brings me a sense of order when my hoarding ways brings such chaos and out of control clutter. 

I can sort for hours and lose track of time, so much so I'll end up sorting, instead of working on my art projects!

3.  Also, when I was a teacher, these wiggly eyes were so difficult to find and I used them all the time in the classroom of 30 students, so finding enough for each one was not an easy task.  I would need 60 for the class just to have a pair of eyes each!  We used them every holiday to make cards for family and friends.

We used them to make everything fun and funny!  We glued them to our fingers to learn left and right, each finger name and for English Language Developement with the song, "Where is Thumbkin?"  Can you imagine, I would have to find 20 wiggle eyes for just one students hands and multiply that by 30 students and that's 600!

Many times we had improvise by taking turns or had cyclops thumbkins or just pointer finger eyes, etc.

I do know, as a recovering hoarder, I was still buying things thinking I'm one day going to teach again and need these or some other supplies!  Finally I let my credential expire and it took care of my hoarding fun school supplies for the future!

Which wiggly googly eyes do you prefer, the classic white and black or color ones?

So fun and funny, a wiggle eye costume for the Electric Daisy Carnival
Read the story and see more pix of her costume, here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for sending your short note that stuck with me and not only reminded me how much I love to sort, but brought me so much insight into my hoarding ways!  Thank you for your help!  I don't think I'll be doing so much impulse buying for so many things now!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 This is more my speed on using wiggle eyes!
Making street art while taking walks. Great way to make exercising more fun too!
Little ones just love to go eyebombing and find things to put wiggle eyes on, outside and inside the house!
Read the rest of this Etsy buyers story with several photos, here
 
My new goal is making more art to see if it can fill the void for hoarding  Last time, I made loteria art cards which are now listed at each shop. This week, I've been working on some embroidery patches and will be listing them soon too!  And I think I'll be gluing some wiggle eyes to stickers and other Easter items!
 
Also, I'll be adding new listings when each shop sells an item and it looks like there's some already!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 195 items, The Destiny of Things- 191 items, VintageToGoEasy - 199 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 192 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 I'm going to try these with the color wiggly eyes this Easter!
Kawaii cute bunny rabbit stickers, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
 
 Wiggle eyes come in handy to make anything come alive!
Jingle bells for Christmas, mini treasure chests for teeth
Perhaps some Easter Eggs!
Choose an amount:  black and white wiggle googly eyes, available here
photo via Advent Calendar story: make a forest of geometric tree boxes, here
 
What would you make come alive with wiggly googly eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment