Friday, March 4, 2016

Fairy in the House! The Destiny of Things, Story 344

Fairy in the House!  The Destiny of Things, Story 344

One lucky little girl has a fairy that brings her things through a fairy door!

50 piece fairy gifts from Junk Drawer sampler grab bag, available here

Here is the email I received and photo of the fairy door! 

I ordered some things from you before Christmas. You wanted to know what I planned to do with them... the small gum ball machine containers I filled with shopkins and put them in a tabletop claw machine for my 6 year old daughter. She flipped out with excitement! Also, the grab bag that I got from you are "gifts" for my daughter that her fairy friend Autumn leaves after coming into her room at night through her fairy door. I've enjoyed being able to come up with creative stories to go with the items. Their randomness is what makes it so much fun!! Thanks and I will definitely order from you again! 

How cute is that fairy door! It even has little steps and even better, her fairy friend, Autumn leaves messages and fun fairy gifts!
photo via Etsy buy from JunkDrawerAndMore

What a nice surprise to find from a fairy friend in the morning!  Happy messages and gifts from her fairy world!  The stories and memories this mother and daughter are making must be incredible!  So happy to be indirectly part of it!

10 or 20 or 30 Empty gumball capsules fora table top claw machine to fill with Shopkin prizes! Available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 


Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of gumball capsules for my art projects and I do collect gumball capsules in colors that are more difficult to find.  And I do love a good grab bag once in awhile as long as I know what I'm getting!  The best part is arranging everything for my little collections in shadow boxes.

What I Learned:

1.  I would have loved to have a fairy friend as a child and listening to stories that my Mom would have made up to go with all the fun!  How exciting is must be for her daughter to fall asleep and wonder if her fairy friend was going to visit.  She must have some sweet dreams!

2.  I do love making up grab bags and what I call "desk inspiration" collections and have several listed at a couple of our shops.

Here is an all pink one that fits in a diamond box, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

3.  I've had bad luck with my computer lately and my space bar key wasn't working very well and then stopped working all together.  Now that it's been fixed I have a lot of blog posts to catch up on! 

4.  I'm still doing well with my Lent of giving up sugar and buying things.  Sugar was much easier to give up than buying things.  I think I was in retail therapy withdrawal for the first 2 weeks.   Now I don't even window shop and have found I have more time to pursue other things, like my art or organizing my hoard or catching up on some of my favorite shows.

5.  The only fairy I knew as a child was the tooth fairy!  What about you? 

25+ red teacher desk inspiration in a diamond box, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for remembering me months later and sharing your story!  So nice to get a photo too!  I hope your idea will inspire others to become friends with fairies!  What a great way to share stories and make memories with your daughter!  Thank you so much for your help and bringing back some childhood memories for me too!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 25+ Hello Kitty inspired desk diamond box collection, available here

Since I've reached my goal of adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  Well, almost each shop!  Yippee!
 
Now I'm concentrating on a new goal, which is making more art to see if it can fill the void for hoarding  Lately, I've been working on some loteria art cards and will be listing them next week on each shop!
 
Also, I'll be adding new listings when each shop sells an item and it looks like there's some already!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 196 items, The Destiny of Things- 194 items, VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 199 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 50 or 100 gumball vending machine capsules, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:

 
 
 
 

 

 Little tooth fairy treasure chests, available here
Also works well as cupcake toppers for pirates, mermaids, kings, queens, princes and princesses!  Need 30 for a classroom birthday? available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

"Have Less.  Do More.  Be More."--- Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment