Wednesday, October 14, 2015

DIY First Loose Tooth Locket Box Necklace: The Destiny of Things, Story 326

DIY First Loose Tooth Fairy Box Necklace:  The Destiny of Things, Story 326

Honk if you remember losing your first tooth!

DIY first loose tooth locket necklace kit, available here

Did you wait patiently or frantically for the tooth fairy?  I've had insomnia since childhood, so I thought I'd meet the tooth fairy for sure!  Never had the pleasure, but always found a quarter under my pillow the next morning and was never happier!

Even when my younger brother told me it was my mom and dad I didn't believe him!  However later I was dismayed that the tooth fairy wasn't fair with her visits because my cousins got a dollar for their teeth!  Suspicious!

 Unisex to hold your tooth safely for the tooth fairy with glow in the dark beads to help you stay up to meet them!  available here

Here is the story an Etsy buyer sent me:

Thank you so much. I have been looking for something like this for my daughter who is about to lose her first tooth any day now. I can't wait to give it to her. Shipping was fast and excellent price.  

So happy a child gets one because I know I had always wanted one as a kid.  I thought it would be so funny to have my tooth in a tooth around my neck!
The DIY tooth fairy necklace kit comes inside a diamond box, a diamond ring or a gum ball capsule, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I've had plenty of these stashed over the years for a classroom of third graders of 30.  These were so much more fun to pass out than an envelope when someone lost their tooth and great motivating tool for introducing dental hygiene week!

DIY Kit includes a choice of storage containers, carnival prize style necklace, plastic tooth locket box, heart pony beads and glow in the dark pony beads that are easy for little ones to arrange in their own patterns to get ready for their tooth to fall out!  Available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned:

1.  Since some of my teacher destash hoard items are being enjoyed on a regular basis we keep restocking them.  I would have never thought it possible!  My hoard keeping toothless grins happy around the country? Who would have thought?

2.  My dehoarding journey has been slow and steady, but the best part is I am starting to see some major progress.  There is a larger path now in the music art room and in most places I can walk around without getting snagged on a box or something.

3.  There's room for little stations now too, so there is a shipping area, packaging area and a take a break with view area, however I still have my dumping ground where stuff seems to magically pile up and multiply!

4.  I've come a long ways since I first started because my music art room basically looked like a some what organized landfill full of boxes and walking around in it was like step hiking over boxes of rocks.  It was impossible to get a vacuum cleaner in there because only a mouse could find a path and if anyone else besides me went in there I had to verbalize a disclaimer about entering at your own risk and warn about the falling boxes since I had them stacked haphazardly to the ceiling!

Same DIY necklace but with a treasure chest for the mermaids and pirates you know!  Available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for letting me know your daughter is going to lose her first tooth and has a tooth locket necklace for safekeeping it.  How fun!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to take part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visit!
 
5 or 10 tooth fairy locket box necklaces, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
I am adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 192 items, The Destiny of Things- 174 items, VintageToGoEasy - 189 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 178 items!    
 
Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
6 or 12 tooth saver treasure chests, available here
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
3.  Wearing one all the time waiting for a tooth to fall out:  Tooth Saver Locket Necklaces:  The Destiny of Things, Story 253  
 
 
 
 
"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you!"  My favorite teacher quote during oral hygiene week.

No comments:

Post a Comment